Things to know about Chicken 65 Recipe
The Indian Traditional Deep-Fried Chicken or Chicken 65 is a deep-fried spicy chicken popular in Chennai.
The dish is an invention of A.M. Buhari of the Buhari Hotel Chain in Chennai. An account also claims that the dish emerged as a simple recipe for soldiers in 1965. Another account claims that the dish containing 65 chili peppers was made by a hotelier. Some other people claim that the chicken must be 65 days old. While there is also a claim that it means 65 pieces of chicken should be used to make the recipe.
There are other vegetarian variants of the dish. These include Paneer 65 and Gobi 65. Paneer 65 is a dish made with cottage cheese and Gobi 65 has cauliflower as the main ingredient. The rich flavor of Chicken 65 comes from the red chilies used in the recipe. Boneless or bone-in chicken can be used to prepare this delicious meal.
Chicken 65 – Indian Traditional Deep-Fried Chicken from Tamil Nadu
— General Atributes of This Recipe:
— ADAPT THE SERVINGS OR PORTIONS BY ENTERING YOUR DESIRED VALUE —
- 250 grams (8.82 oz) Chicken
- 1 unit Egg White
- 2 tbsp Corn Flour – Cornflour
- 1 tbsp Rice Flour
- 2 tsp Oil
- 1/2 tbsp Ginger Garlic Paste
- 1/2 tsp Red Chili Powder
- 1 1/2 tbsp Curd
- 1/2 tsp Pepper Powder
- 1/8 tsp Turmeric Powder – Curcuma Powder
- 1 sprig Curry Leaf chopped
- 1/8 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Ground Cumin Powder
- 1/2 tsp Garlic chopped
- 2 units Green Chili sliced
- 3/4 tsp Red Chili Powder
- 1/2 tsp White Sugar – Regular Sugar – Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Paste
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 2 tbsp Curd
- 1/2 tsp Pepper Powder
- Take a mixing bowl and add the curd, the ginger garlic paste, the chili powder, the salt, the turmeric, the pepper powder, and the chopped curry leaves.
- Stir in the boneless chicken. Set aside for some time.
- Sprinkle dry flour over the marinade. Add egg white as well.
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Slide-in chicken pieces, one by one. Fry until they turn crisp and golden.
- Heat another pan with oil.
- Add the cumin, the chopped garlic, the curry leaves, and the green chilies.
- Add the garlic paste, the red chili powder, the sugar, the curd, and the salt.
- Stir the mixture well. Add the fried chicken.
- Fry the mixture for 2 minutes, and serve.
Use chicken thigh pieces to make chicken 65.
Serve with steamed rice or sauces and dips.
— Specific Atributes of This Recipe:
Photo Disclaimer: – Images used in this article are owned by the respective individuals, artists, or other parties who post on their private social media accounts. These images only serve as an inspiration and cannot be copied (images or designs) for personal use.
Health Disclaimer: Agoralia is not responsible for any health problems that could be related to the information provided on the website. It is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice and should not be relied on as health or personal advice. The content is for informational purposes only, and should not be taken as professional medical advice reliance on or use of the information on the website is at their own risk. Always seek the guidance of your doctor or other qualified health professional with any questions you may have regarding your health or a medical condition. Never disregard the advice of a medical professional, or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this Website.