Things to know about Chiroti Recipe
Chiroti is a premium dessert that you may find on special occasions like weddings and festivals. It is a fried sweet delicacy that originates from Karnataka. It is also very prominent in Maharashtra and is also known as Pheni. You are very likely to find Chiroti while attending a festive function or wedding in Western and Southern India. The preparation of Delicious Indian Traditional Flaky Dessert from Karnataka – Chiroti includes all-purpose flour. It involves layering the dough into a circular shape and frying that gives a lovely golden brown color and flaky texture to the dish. This crispy and delicious dessert is topped with powdered sugar and served with almond-flavored milk.
Delicious Indian Traditional Flaky Dessert from Karnataka. Authentic Recipe of Chiroti.
— General Atributes of This Recipe:
— ADAPT THE SERVINGS OR PORTIONS BY ENTERING YOUR DESIRED VALUE —
- 2 cups Fine Semolina Flour
- 2 tbsp Butter
- ¾ cup Water
- ¼ cup All Purpose Flour – Plain Flour
- 2 tbsp Rice Flour
- ¼ cup Butter For rice paste
- In a bowl, combine the semolina and butter. Crumble the mixture well so that semolina becomes moist.
- Add the water and knead the dough for 6-8 minutes. It should become soft and smooth.
- Let the dough rest for about 15 minutes. Resting the dough will ensure that the semolina absorbs moisture.
- Meanwhile, mix the butter and rice flour and make a paste.
- Now, take a large ball from the dough and dust it with some all-purpose flour. With the help of a rolling pin, roll the dough as thin as possible.
- Take a tablespoon of the paste and spread it evenly on the rolled dough.
- Now start rolling the dough tightly into a log. Cut the roll into pieces of 1 inch (2.5 cm) each and press it gently.
- Fry the rolls in medium hot oil till they become golden. Once done with frying, take the Chirotis out, drain the oil and set it aside for 10 minutes.
- Your Delicious Indian Traditional Flaky Dessert from Karnataka – Chiroti is ready. To serve, crush the Chirotis on a plate and sprinkle some powdered sugar and almond-flavored milk. Enjoy!
— Specific Atributes of This Recipe:
Photo Disclaimer: – Images used in this article are owned by the respective individuals, artists, or other parties who post on their private social media accounts. These images only serve as an inspiration and cannot be copied (images or designs) for personal use.
Health Disclaimer: Agoralia is not responsible for any health problems that could be related to the information provided on the website. It is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice and should not be relied on as health or personal advice. The content is for informational purposes only, and should not be taken as professional medical advice reliance on or use of the information on the website is at their own risk. Always seek the guidance of your doctor or other qualified health professional with any questions you may have regarding your health or a medical condition. Never disregard the advice of a medical professional, or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this Website.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?