Thepla is a flavored flatbread made with spices and fresh fenugreek leaves. Lightly spiced, this side dish is eaten with curries.
Things to know about Thepla Recipe
The Indian Traditional Flavored Flatbread or Thepla is a lightly spiced, soft flatbread made with fresh fenugreek leaves. The dish is popular within the Jain community and Gujaratis. These are often served for breakfast or as snacks. The dish can also be served as a side dish.
Methi or Fenugreek Thepla is the most popular variant. Other variants include ingredients like radish and calabash.
Savory Indian Traditional Flat Leavened Garlic Bread from Delhi. Authentic Recipe of Thepla.
— General Atributes of This Recipe:
— ADAPT THE SERVINGS OR PORTIONS BY ENTERING YOUR DESIRED VALUE —
- 1 cup Wheat Flour
- ½ cup Fresh Fenugreek Leaf Finely chopped
- 3 tbsp Fresh Coriander Leaf Finely chopped
- 1 tbsp Yogurt or curd
- 1 tsp Ginger Garlic Paste
- 1 tsp Red Chili Powder
- ½ tsp Turmeric Powder – Curcuma Powder
- 1 tsp Ground Coriander Powder
- 1 tbsp Salt
- 1 tsp Oil
- Oil For frying
- Water For the dough
- Mix wheat flour, fenugreek leaves, coriander leaves, yogurt or curd, red chili powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder, ginger-garlic paste, oil, and salt in a bowl.
- Add water and knead the dough.
- Roll out a circle and heat it over medium flame.
- When tiny bubbles appear, flip over the Thepla to the other side.
- Spread oil and keep flipping.
- Transfer the Thepla to a plate until golden-brown spots appear.
— Specific Atributes of This Recipe:
Cooking tip for making Thepla
- The dough should be soft and smooth.
- Do not add fenugreek leaves, coriander leaves, or garlic to prepare the dough if you want to store it for more than 2-3 days.
- To give a nice aroma, add butter on the side of the Thepla before transferring it to the plate.
- Add more green chilies and chili powder if you want to make the Thepla spicy.
What to serve with Thepla?
Serve the Thepla with plain curd, lemon, or mango pickle.
Photo Disclaimer: – Images used in this article are owned by the respective individuals, artists, or other parties who post on their private social media accounts. These images only serve as an inspiration and cannot be copied (images or designs) for personal use.
Health Disclaimer: Agoralia is not responsible for any health problems that could be related to the information provided on the website. It is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice and should not be relied on as health or personal advice. The content is for informational purposes only, and should not be taken as professional medical advice reliance on or use of the information on the website is at their own risk. Always seek the guidance of your doctor or other qualified health professional with any questions you may have regarding your health or a medical condition. Never disregard the advice of a medical professional, or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this Website.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?