Things to know about Chicken Biryani Recipe
A stunner of a recipe, the Indian Traditional Flavored Chicken Rice or Chicken Biryani is a favorite throughout the Indian subcontinent.
A perfect choice for foodies, the Most Googled Dish of 2020 is made with rice, spices, chicken, and other veggies.
Biryani is an Indo-Aryan word derived from the Persian language. One theory states that the word is derived from “Birinj”, the Persian word for rice. Another theory states that the word is derived from “biryani” which means “to fry”.
The exact origin of Biryani is unknown, but different varieties of the dish have emerged in India. These include Delhi Biryani, Ambur Biryani, Kolkata Biryani, and Kashmiri Biryani. Hyderabadi Biryani is a popular variety that is consumed throughout India.
A must at weddings and parties, the dish is served at lunch or dinner. Though the recipe is not difficult to follow but surely is hectic, as a wide range of ingredients is used. The dish is typically served with Raita, a condiment of curd and veggies.
Delicious Indian Traditional Flavored Chicken Rice from Hyderabad. Authentic Recipe of Chicken Biryani.
— General Atributes of This Recipe:
— ADAPT THE SERVINGS OR PORTIONS BY ENTERING YOUR DESIRED VALUE —
- 500 grams (1.1 lb) Chicken
- 3 tbsp Yogurt For marinade
- 1¼ tbsp Ginger Garlic Paste
- 1½ tsp Salt
- ¼ tsp Turmeric Powder – Curcuma Powder
- 1¼ tsp Red Chili Powder
- 2 tbsp Garam Masala
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1 pc Bay Leaf
- 4 pcs Green Cardamom Pod Seeds
- 6 pcs Clove
- 2-3 cm Cinnamon Stick
- ¾ tsp Caraway Seed
- 2 cups Basmati Rice
- 2 tbsp Ghee
- 250 grams (8.82 oz) Onion
- ½ cup Fresh Mint Leaf Chopped
- 1 pc Green Chili
- ¼ cup Fresh Mint Leaf Finely chopped
- ¼ cup Yogurt For Biryani
- 3 cups Water
- 2 tbsp Onion Fried
- Add yogurt, ginger garlic paste, salt, Garam Masala Powder, turmeric, lemon juice, and red chili powder to a bowl. Mix the ingredients well.
- Make slits in the chicken pieces and add to the marinade and mix well.
- Set it aside for an hour or overnight.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add bay leaf, cardamom, cloves, and cinnamon.
- When the spices start sizzling on the pan, add onions and sauté until they turn a light brown color.
- Add chicken to the pan on medium heat and keep it there for about 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes, adjust to low heat and cook the chicken until it is tender.
- Spread the rice evenly in layers over the chicken.
- To a bowl, pour the water and add salt.
- Pour 2 cups of this water across the sides of the cooker. Pour the rest on the top of the cooker.
- Set the heat to medium-high and place the cooker. Cook for 1 whistle.
- Serve from the top to the bottom layer.
- The amount of water needed depends on the brand of Basmati Rice.
- Sour curd should not be used.
— Specific Atributes of This Recipe:
Photo Disclaimer: – Images used in this article are owned by the respective individuals, artists, or other parties who post on their private social media accounts. These images only serve as an inspiration and cannot be copied (images or designs) for personal use.
Health Disclaimer: Agoralia is not responsible for any health problems that could be related to the information provided on the website. It is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice and should not be relied on as health or personal advice. The content is for informational purposes only, and should not be taken as professional medical advice reliance on or use of the information on the website is at their own risk. Always seek the guidance of your doctor or other qualified health professional with any questions you may have regarding your health or a medical condition. Never disregard the advice of a medical professional, or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this Website.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?