Things to know about Pulao Recipe
The Indian Traditional Flavored Rice or Pulao is an aromatic rice dish made with a variety of veggies and spices. This main-course meal is consumed throughout the world.
The English word “pilaf” is a later form of the Turkish word “Pilav”. It’s also spelled Pulao or Pilau. Pulao has been mentioned in ancient texts. The famous Hindu script, Mahabarata, mentions an instance of the dish. Alexander The Great had been reported to like the dish so much that he brought the recipe back to Macedonia.
Apart from India, Pulao is consumed in the Middle East, Africa, Eastern Europe, and Latin America. In India, Pulao is famous in Kashmir and West Bengal. The two regions have their varieties of the dish. Chicken or Mutton can also be added to the flavor-rich dish.
Pulao – Indian Traditional Flavored Rice from Kashmir
— General Atributes of This Recipe:
— ADAPT THE SERVINGS OR PORTIONS BY ENTERING YOUR DESIRED VALUE —
- 1 1/2 cups Basmati Rice
- 2 tbsp Oil
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 2 1/2 cups Water
- 1 1/2 tsp Ginger Garlic Paste
- 1 unit Onion thinly sliced
- 2 units Green Chili
- 1 unit Carrot
- 4 units French Bean
- 1/2 cup Garden Peas – Sweet Peas – English Peas – Green Peas
- 1 unit Potato cubed
- 3 tbsp Fresh Mint Leaf
- 1 unit Bay Leaf
- 3/4 tsp Caraway Seed
- 4 units Green Cardamom Pod Seeds
- 4 units Clove
- 2 inch Cinnamon Stick
- 1 unit Star Anise
- 1 strand Mace
- 1/4 tsp Ground Nutmeg Powder
- 1/2 tsp Fennel Seed Powder
- Take a pan and heat the oil.
- Add all the spices and sauté for a minute.
- Add onions and chilies and fry until the onions turn golden.
- Add ginger-garlic paste and sauté.
- Now add all the veggies and mint.
- Pour water into the pan and add salt. Bring it to a boil, and add rice.
- Cook on low heat until all the water gets absorbed.
- Turn off the stove after 15 minutes and serve.
- Use aged rice.
- Do not add too much mace or nutmeg or the Pulao will become bitter.
— Specific Atributes of This Recipe:
Photo Disclaimer: – Images used in this article are owned by the respective individuals, artists, or other parties who post on their private social media accounts. These images only serve as an inspiration and cannot be copied (images or designs) for personal use.
Health Disclaimer: Agoralia is not responsible for any health problems that could be related to the information provided on the website. It is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice and should not be relied on as health or personal advice. The content is for informational purposes only, and should not be taken as professional medical advice reliance on or use of the information on the website is at their own risk. Always seek the guidance of your doctor or other qualified health professional with any questions you may have regarding your health or a medical condition. Never disregard the advice of a medical professional, or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this Website.