Things to know about Fafda Recipe
The three words to describe Fafda are crispy, crunchy, and savory. Fafda is very famous and an authentic Gujarati snack.
The Indian Traditional Fried Gram Flour Snack from Gujarat – Fafda is a vegan delicacy that you can easily make at home. It consists of gram flour, black pepper, and carom seeds which provide a very subtle yet savory taste. While exploring Gujarat, you will find many local eateries serving Fafda. It’s a delicious tea-time snack that has a great shelf life. Hence you can make it once and store it for weeks. The combination of Fafda and Jalebi is very famous, especially during the festival of Dussehra. Jalebi is an Indian sweet. Similarly, Fafda and Kadhi (Indian yogurt curry) is a delicious and fulfilling combo. You can enjoy Fafda at home with fried chilies and hot tea.
Authentic Recipe of Fafda. Delicious Indian Traditional Fried Gram Flour Snack from Gujarat.
— General Atributes of This Recipe:
— ADAPT THE SERVINGS OR PORTIONS BY ENTERING YOUR DESIRED VALUE —
- 2 cups Gram Flour
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric Powder – Curcuma Powder
- 1/2 tsp Red Chili Powder
- 1/4 tsp Carom Seed – Ajwain
- 1/4 tsp Baking Soda
- 2 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- Water For kneading
- Salt As needed
- Vegetable Oil For frying
- In a large mixing bowl, take the gram flour. Add salt, turmeric powder, chili powder, carom seeds, and baking soda to it. Add oil and combine everything well.
- Next, add warm water and start kneading the mixture. Knead for 5 minutes and let the dough become soft and smooth.
- Pour some oil over and coat the dough with the glaze. Cover it with a damp cloth and let it rest for half hour.
- After 30 minutes, knead the dough again and ensure that the dough is soft.
- Take a ball size of dough and shape it into the form of a cylinder.
- Take a wooden board and place the dough ball on it.
- Using the palm of your hand, press the dough thinly forward. Once it becomes flat, scrape off the Fafda with a knife. Make sure that you don't break it.
- Put the Fafda in hot oil and deep fry until crispy. It will take around two minutes.
- Take them out and serve hot. Your Indian Traditional Fried Gram Flour Snack from Gujarat – Fafda is ready. Enjoy with Kadhi or tea.
— Specific Atributes of This Recipe:
Photo Disclaimer: – Images used in this article are owned by the respective individuals, artists, or other parties who post on their private social media accounts. These images only serve as an inspiration and cannot be copied (images or designs) for personal use.
Health Disclaimer: Agoralia is not responsible for any health problems that could be related to the information provided on the website. It is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice and should not be relied on as health or personal advice. The content is for informational purposes only, and should not be taken as professional medical advice reliance on or use of the information on the website is at their own risk. Always seek the guidance of your doctor or other qualified health professional with any questions you may have regarding your health or a medical condition. Never disregard the advice of a medical professional, or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this Website.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?