Things to know about Aloo Puri Recipe
Aloo Puri is a lip-smacking Indian fried flatbread that is savory and full of flavor. You can have it with a pickle or any curry-based dish, and you will love it.
The Indian Traditional Fried Potato Bread from Gujarat – Aloo Puri is a delicacy that you can enjoy in dinner or as a tea-time snack. Its preparation involves mixing boiled potato into wheat flour dough and adding fresh herbs and spices to it. Rolling the dough into small circles and then deep-frying in hot oil makes delicious Aloo Puri. This dish is not only tasty but also fulfilling. It is also one of the best food items to carry while traveling as it doesn’t create any mess when you eat it. Aloo Puri goes well with Indian gravy-based dishes, pickles, or lentils stew. You can also prepare it for dinner for your family members or as a part of a festive meal for guests. Make sure that you prepare enough dough because everyone loves it.
Authentic Recipe of Aloo Puri. Delicious Indian Traditional Fried Potato Bread from Gujarat.
— General Atributes of This Recipe:
— ADAPT THE SERVINGS OR PORTIONS BY ENTERING YOUR DESIRED VALUE —
- 3 units Potato Boiled
- 2 cups Wheat Flour
- 2 tbsp Semolina
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric Powder – Curcuma Powder
- 1/2 tsp Ground Cumin Powder
- 1/2 tsp Red Chili Powder
- 1/2 tsp Garam Masala
- 1/4 tsp Carom Seed – Ajwain
- 1 tsp Kasuri Methi Dried Fenugreek
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- Water For Kneading
- Vegetable Oil For Deep Frying
- Take a large bowl and add wheat flour, semolina, chili flakes, and carom seeds. Add in boiled potatoes, coriander, and salt. Mix well.
- Add hot water to the mixture. Knead it well to make a tight dough. Cover the dough and let it rest on the side for 20 minutes.
- After resting, uncover it and add a little oil. Knead again for 2 minutes and then divide the dough into small-sized balls.
- Now with a rolling pin, roll the dough balls into discs of size 3-4 inches (8-10 cm). Meanwhile, heat the oil in a frying pan.
- Put the rolled discs into hot oil and deep fry until they puff up and become brown on both sides.
- Repeat the process with the remaining balls. Your Indian Traditional Fried Potato Bread from Gujarat – Aloo Puri is ready. Serve them hot with a pickle.
Make sure that you knead the dough tight. Also, the oil should be sufficiently hot when you dip the Puri for frying.
You can serve Aloo Puri hot with pickle.
— Specific Atributes of This Recipe:
Agoralia is not responsible for any health problems that could be related to the information provided on the website. It is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice and should not be relied on as health or personal advice. The content is for informational purposes only, and should not be taken as professional medical advice reliance on or use of the information on the website is at their own risk. Always seek the guidance of your doctor or other qualified health professional with any questions you may have regarding your health or a medical condition. Never disregard the advice of a medical professional, or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this Website.