Aloo Tikki is a fried patty made with boiled potatoes, herbs, and aromatic spices. The street snack is consumed all over the Indian subcontinent.
Things to know about Aloo Tikki Recipe
The Indian Traditional Fried Potato Patty or Aloo Tikki is a famous street snack relished across the Indian subcontinent. The patty is made with boiled potatoes, herbs, and aromatic spices.
The word “Aloo” means “Potato,” and “Tikki” means a “patty,” “cutlet,” or “croquette.” The street snack is served with various dips or sauces. Green chutney which is a sauce made with mint and cilantro is often served with the patty.
In North India, the dish is also sandwiched in bread and served at Dhabas. Dhabas are street restaurants in India. Delhi Dhabas popularly serve the dish on most streets. In South India, more coriander is used in the patty.
Appetizing Indian Traditional Fried Potato Patty from Delhi. Authentic Recipe of Aloo Tikki.
— General Atributes of This Recipe:
— ADAPT THE SERVINGS OR PORTIONS BY ENTERING YOUR DESIRED VALUE —
- 500 grams (1.1 lb) Potato
- ¾ cup Rice Flattened
- 1 tsp Fresh Ginger Root For the potato balls, finely chopped
- 2 pcs Green Chili
- 1½ tbsp Cornstarch
- 2 tsp Oil
- ¼ tsp Fennel Seed
- ¼ tsp Cumin Seeds
- 1½ tsp Fresh Ginger Root For the cheese filling, finely chopped
- 1 cup Cottage Cheese Crumbled
- ¼ tsp Red Chili Powder
- ¼ tsp Mango Powder
- ¼ tsp Garam Masala
- ½ tsp Chaat Masala Powder
- ¼ tsp Black Salt – Kala Namak
- ½ tsp Salt
- 2 tbsp Cilantro Finely chopped
- 2 tsp Golden Raisin Chopped
- 2 tsp Cashew Broken
- Boil and peel the potatoes.
- After peeling, mash the potatoes.
- In a bowl with water, add the flattened rice. Leave it for 5 minutes.
- Add chopped green chili, ginger, corn starch, and flattened rice to the potatoes.
- Mix all the ingredients well.
- Divide the potato into equal parts.
- Heat oil in a pan on medium flame.
- Add fennel seeds and cumin seeds.
- Add chopped ginger and sauté for a few seconds.
- Add the cottage cheese.
- Add all the dry spices and cook for a minute.
- Add chopped cilantro, cashews, and raisins.
- Flatten a potato ball by pressing it at the center.
- Take a cheese filling and place it in the middle.
- Seal the edges and flatten the ball again.
- Heat oil in a wok on medium flame and fry the Tikkis for 3 minutes. A crust should form but the color shouldn’t change.
- Cool the Tikki and heat the oil again on a high flame. Fry the Tikkis for the second time.
- Remove the Tikkis and serve.
— Specific Atributes of This Recipe:
Cooking tip for making Aloo Tikki
- Do not make the potatoes mushy.
- If the Tikkis aren’t soaking up oil, add bread crumbs.
- You can use leftover bread crumbs by soaking them in water and adding them to the potatoes. They act as a binding agent.
What to serve with Aloo Tikki?
Serve the Aloo Tikki with yogurt or cilantro sauce which is also called Green Chutney in India.
Photo Disclaimer: – Images used in this article are owned by the respective individuals, artists, or other parties who post on their private social media accounts. These images only serve as an inspiration and cannot be copied (images or designs) for personal use.
Health Disclaimer: Agoralia is not responsible for any health problems that could be related to the information provided on the website. It is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice and should not be relied on as health or personal advice. The content is for informational purposes only, and should not be taken as professional medical advice reliance on or use of the information on the website is at their own risk. Always seek the guidance of your doctor or other qualified health professional with any questions you may have regarding your health or a medical condition. Never disregard the advice of a medical professional, or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this Website.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?