Things to know about Motichoor Ke Laddu Recipe
The Indian Traditional Gram flour Balls or Motichoor Ke Laddu is a spherical ball of gram flour cooked in clarified butter. Sometimes, semolina is also used to prepare the dessert.
The word “Laddu” is derived from the Sanskrit word “Ladduka” which means sweetmeat.
Several variations of the dish exist. These include Boondi Laddu, Besan Laddu, Coconut Laddu, and Motichoor Ke Laddu. Boondi Laddu is made from Bengal Gram. Besan Laddu is made with chickpea flour, and Coconut Laddu has a flavor of coconut.
Motichoor Laddu is a type of fine Boondi Laddu.
The dish is originally from North India but is popular throughout the Indian subcontinent. Laddu is often distributed at festivals like Diwali, Eid, and Raksha Bandhan. Besides, Laddus are also served at weddings.
Motichoor Ke Laddu – Indian Traditional Gramflour Balls from Delhi
— General Atributes of This Recipe:
— ADAPT THE SERVINGS OR PORTIONS BY ENTERING YOUR DESIRED VALUE —
- 1 cup Gram Flour
- 1/2 tsp Clarified Butter melted
- 1/2 cup Water
- 2 cups Clarified Butter for frying
- 1 cup White Sugar – Regular Sugar – Granulated Sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp Rose Water
- 1/4 tsp Ground Cardamom Powder
- 1 tsp Lemon Juice
Recipe Preparation Step by Step Batter
- In a bowl, combine gram flour and clarified butter.
- Add water and make a batter. Let it sit for 15 minutes.
- Take a pan and heat it on medium flame. Add clarified butter.
- Take a perforated ladle above the pan.
- Add the batter to the ladle.
- Let the small balls fry for a few seconds.
- Add sugar and water to a large pan.
- Now, add cardamom powder and rose water.
- Let the mixture come to a boil
- Now add the small balls.
- Cook for 3 minutes on low flame.
- Remove the balls and shape them into perfect balls and serve.
- Do not use a ladle with big holes.
- You can also add orange food color.
— Specific Atributes of This Recipe:
Agoralia is not responsible for any health problems that could be related to the information provided on the website. It is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice and should not be relied on as health or personal advice. The content is for informational purposes only, and should not be taken as professional medical advice reliance on or use of the information on the website is at their own risk. Always seek the guidance of your doctor or other qualified health professional with any questions you may have regarding your health or a medical condition. Never disregard the advice of a medical professional, or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this Website.