The Mysore Pak from Karnataka has a taste that will make you crave more. Click here for step by step recipe to make authentic Mysore Pak.
Things to know about Mysore Pak Recipe
Krishnaraja Wadiyar, the ruler of Mysore, Karnataka, was an epicure. He had a big kitchen in his palace for preparing different delicacies from a variety of cuisines.
One day, his chief Kakasura Madappa chef forgot to prepare the dessert. He managed to make a sweet dish in a limited time by combining gram flour, clarified butter, and sugar. This king named this dish “Mysore Pak.” And in this way, one of the legendary sweets of South India was born 100 years ago.
It is easy to identify this sweet with its beautiful golden-yellow color and fudge-like texture. The delicious Mysore Pak is a significant dish among the ones served at weddings, festivals, and functions. The Indian Traditional Gram Flour And Butter Fudge from Karnataka – Mysore Pak was an accidental discovery.
But today, it is loved by so many people all over India. The great-grandson of the chef who discovered it still runs the ancestral sweet shop in Mysore. It is the place where you can find the original and authentic recipe of Mysore Pak.
Delicious Indian Traditional Gram Flour and Butter Fudge from Karnataka. Authentic Recipe of Mysore Pak.
— General Atributes of This Recipe:
— ADAPT THE SERVINGS OR PORTIONS BY ENTERING YOUR DESIRED VALUE —
- 1¼ cups White Sugar – Regular Sugar – Granulated Sugar
- 1 cup Gram Flour
- 1 cup Clarified Butter
- ½ cup Water
- In a bowl, sieve the gram flour to make sure that there are no lumps.
- Take a tray and brush some clarified butter on it. Set it aside.
- In a heavy-bottomed pan, add sugar and water and bring to heat. Keep the heat from medium to low and stir the sugar until it dissolves completely.
- Meanwhile, take the clarified butter to another pan and let it melt on a low flame. You have to make sure that the clarified butter remains hot, keep it on a low flame.
- Once the sugar syrup starts to bubble, add the gram flour to it in 3-4 batches. Make sure that the flour is well incorporated before adding a new batch.
- Once you mix all the gram flour with the sugar syrup, it's time to add the clarified butter. Take a spoon of clarified butter, add it to the flour mixture, and mix it well.
- Keep the flame on low and then add another spoon of hot clarified butter and mix well. Repeat this process till all the clarified butter is mixed.
- Continue stirring the mixture until the clarified butter is incorporated completely and the mixture starts to leave the sides of the pan.
- Once you see tiny bubbles in the mixture, remove it from the heat.
- As soon as you removed it from the heat, tilt the pan and pour the mixture into the greased tray.
- Smoothen out the top of the mixture with a spatula and let the Mysore Pak cool down.
- Once it sets, invert the tray to a plate. The Mysore Pak block will fall smoothly.
- Slice the Mysore Pak into rectangular or square pieces and serve it. You can also store it for a week in an air-tight container.
— Specific Atributes of This Recipe:
Cooking tip for making Mysore Pak
- Avoid using a nonstick pan for preparing the recipe, as it may damage the coating.
- Use a big and heavy-bottomed pan, as preparing Mysore Pak involves a lot of bubbling and sizzling. You can also wear gloves for your safety.
- While stirring the mixture, scrape the bottom and sides of the pan. Avoid cooking the Mysore Pak too long, resulting in a hard texture.
Photo Disclaimer: – Images used in this article are owned by the respective individuals, artists, or other parties who post on their private social media accounts. These images only serve as an inspiration and cannot be copied (images or designs) for personal use.
Health Disclaimer: Agoralia is not responsible for any health problems that could be related to the information provided on the website. It is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice and should not be relied on as health or personal advice. The content is for informational purposes only, and should not be taken as professional medical advice reliance on or use of the information on the website is at their own risk. Always seek the guidance of your doctor or other qualified health professional with any questions you may have regarding your health or a medical condition. Never disregard the advice of a medical professional, or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this Website.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?