Gatte Ki Sabji is a traditional Indian preparation from Rajasthani Cuisine. It is very gratifying and easy to make at home.
Things to know about Gatte Ki Sabji Recipe
Gatte Ki Sabji is a dish that is mild yet savory. Originating from Rajasthan, this dish is widely popular across India.
Rajasthani Cuisine is famous because of its simplicity. The preparation of several dishes involves only a few ingredients. The Indian Traditional Gram Flour Dumpling Curry from Rajasthan – Gatte Ki Sabji is a delicious dish.
Gatte Ki Sabji is one of the easiest gravy dishes to prepare. ‘Gatte’ means gram flour sausages, and ‘Sabji’ means curry. It consists of making dumplings from gram flour and then cooking them in an onion and tomato-based gravy.
The addition of yogurt elevates the taste to a tangy note. Moreover, Indian seasonings enhance the dish’s spice, color, and aroma. Gatte Ki Sabzi tastes great when you eat it hot and fresh with Indian flatbread and plain rice.
Delicious Indian Traditional Gram Flour Dumpling Curry from Rajasthan. Authentic Recipe of Gatte Ki Sabji.
— General Atributes of This Recipe:
— ADAPT THE SERVINGS OR PORTIONS BY ENTERING YOUR DESIRED VALUE —
- 200 grams (7.05 oz) Gram Flour
- ½ tsp Red Chili Powder
- ½ tsp Carom Seed – Ajwain
- ¼ tsp Turmeric Powder – Curcuma Powder
- 1 pinch Asafoetida
- 1 tsp Ground Coriander Powder
- 1 tsp Salt
- 3 tbsp Oil
- 2 tbsp Curd
- 4 cups Water For cooking gatte
- 4 tbsp Water For the dough
- 1 unit Onion Medium, roughly chopped
- ½ tsp Garlic Chopped
- ½ tsp Fresh Ginger Root Chopped
- 2 tbsp Water
- 2 tbsp Oil
- 3 units Clove
- 1 thumb Cinnamon Stick
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 2 units Cardamom
- 1 unit Bay Leaf Small
- 1 unit Dried Red Chili Seeds removed
- 1 cup Curd Whisked
- ½ tsp Turmeric Powder – Curcuma Powder
- 2 tsp Red Chili Powder
- 1 pinch Asafoetida
- 1 tbsp Ground Coriander Powder
- 1 cup Water From the reserved water of Gatte
- 2 tbsp Fresh Coriander Leaf Chopped
- Take the gram flour in a large bowl and add salt, asafoetida, turmeric powder, red chili powder, carom seeds, and coriander powder. Combine everything well.
- Add oil and curd to the flour. Mix it nicely.
- Now pour water little by little and start kneading the dough. Keep on kneading for 10 minutes, and Let the gram flour absorb water. Prepare a semi-soft dough.
- Add water to a pot and heat it on a medium flame. Meanwhile, divide the dough into six equal parts and make a small ball out of each one.
- Now, use your hands to roll the ball into a cylindrical shape. Do this with all the six balls.
- Gently slide each ball into hot water and let them boil. As soon as you see that the sticks are floating on the top, remove them with a slotted spoon.
- Let them cool at room temperature and reserve the water.
- In a blender, add onion, garlic, and ginger. Pour water into the jar and blend it into a fine paste.
- Meanwhile, whisk the curd in a bowl till it becomes smooth. And, cut the Gatte or the gram flour dumplings into small round disks.
- Now heat oil in a pan on medium-low heat and add cumin seeds, cloves, cinnamon, cardamom, and bay leaf. Add the red chili and mix everything well.
- Fry the spices till they crackle but keep the flame low. You do not want to burn the spices.
- Now add the onion paste and stir again. Sauté it till the gravy becomes golden. Then turn off the flame.
- Take the curd and add it to the onion gravy. Mix it quickly.
- Heat the pan again while stirring continuously so that the curd cooks well.
- As soon as you see some oil floating on top, add turmeric powder, red chili powder, and coriander powder to the gravy.
- Continue to stir and add the reserved water. Add salt to taste.
- Simmer the gravy and add the disks of Gatte. Cook it for around 5 minutes.
- Switch off the flame, and add chopped coriander leaves to the curry. Your Indian Traditional Gram Flour DumplingCurry from Rajasthan – Gatte Ki Sabji is ready. Serve it hot.
— Specific Atributes of This Recipe:
Cooking tip for making Gatte Ki Sabji
Make sure that the gram flour dough is of semi-solid consistency. You can adjust the quantity of water to get the required texture.
What to serve with Gatte Ki Sabji?
Gatte Ki Sabji goes well with Indian flatbread and hot steamed rice.
Photo Disclaimer: – Images used in this article are owned by the respective individuals, artists, or other parties who post on their private social media accounts. These images only serve as an inspiration and cannot be copied (images or designs) for personal use.
Health Disclaimer: Agoralia is not responsible for any health problems that could be related to the information provided on the website. It is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice and should not be relied on as health or personal advice. The content is for informational purposes only, and should not be taken as professional medical advice reliance on or use of the information on the website is at their own risk. Always seek the guidance of your doctor or other qualified health professional with any questions you may have regarding your health or a medical condition. Never disregard the advice of a medical professional, or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this Website.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?