Things to know about Khandvi Recipe
Imagine having a savory snack that melts in your mouth as soon as you have it. Khandvi is one such delicious Indian delicacy, seasoned with fresh herbs and spices, and everyone loves it.
The Delicious Indian Traditional Gram Flour Rolls from Gujarat – Khandvi is a healthy and delicious snack that you can cook at home. Its preparation involves making a smooth batter with buttermilk and gram flour. Then you spread the batter on a plate and cut rolls out of it. A seasoning with tempering and fresh herbs enhances its taste.
Khandvi contains thin layers of gram flour batter. It is essential to get the right consistency of gram flour batter while cooking to make perfect layers. If the batter is thick, then it becomes difficult to spread the mixture. It is a little tricky to make Khandvi as you have to be quick while spreading the batter. Otherwise, it becomes lumpy and thick. Though preparing Khandvi is complicated, its delicious taste makes all the effort worthwhile.
Authentic Recipe of Khandvi. Delicious Indian Traditional Gram Flour Rolls from Gujarat.
— General Atributes of This Recipe:
— ADAPT THE SERVINGS OR PORTIONS BY ENTERING YOUR DESIRED VALUE —
For Making Khandvi Rolls
- 1 cup Gram Flour
- 1 tbsp Ginger Chili Paste
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric Powder – Curcuma Powder
- 2 cups Buttermilk
- 4 tbsp Grated Coconut
- 4 tbsp Fresh Coriander Chopped
- Salt As needed
For Preparing the Tempering
- 3 tsp Vegetable Oil
- 1 tsp Mustard Seed
- 1 tsp Sesame
- 1 pinch Asafoetida
- 2 units Dried Red Chili
- 5 units Spring Curry Leaf Chopped
Making Khandvi Rolls
- In a bowl, sieve gram flour and add ginger-chili paste, salt, and turmeric.
- Mix it well and add the buttermilk. Stir using a whisk to make a smooth and flowy batter mixture.
- Place the bowl in a cooker and pressure cook the batter on a medium flame for three whistles.
- Meanwhile, take a plate and spread the oil evenly.
- Once the cooker cools down, take out the bowl and mix the batter with a spoon.
- Next, take a spatula and spread the cooked batter immediately over a greased plate.
- Let it cool down for 10 minutes. Cut it into pieces about 2 inches or 5 centimeters in size.
- Now, start rolling the Khandvi tight while ensuring that there are no cracks.
- Roll all the pieces of Khandvi and garnish them with grated coconut and chopped coriander. Set it aside.
Preparing the Tempering
- In a pan, heat oil. Add mustard seeds, sesame seeds, red chili, asafoetida, and curry leaves.
- Once the tempering crackles put it over the rolled Khandvi.
- Your Delicious Indian Traditional Gram Flour Rolls from Gujarat – Khandvi are ready. Serve it fresh with tea.
Serve fresh Khandvi as it is. You can also have it along with tea.
— Specific Atributes of This Recipe:
Agoralia is not responsible for any health problems that could be related to the information provided on the website. It is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice and should not be relied on as health or personal advice. The content is for informational purposes only, and should not be taken as professional medical advice reliance on or use of the information on the website is at their own risk. Always seek the guidance of your doctor or other qualified health professional with any questions you may have regarding your health or a medical condition. Never disregard the advice of a medical professional, or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this Website.