Moong Dal Pakoda is a delicious Indian traditional snack from Gujarat. In the rainy season, enjoy hot and crispy Moong Dal Pakoda along with tea.
Things to know about Moong Dal Pakoda Recipe
The monsoon season in India is incomplete without the and delicious Moong Dal Pakoda. It is a crispy and savory snack that people of all age groups love to have.
The Indian Traditional Green Gram Fritters from Gujarat – Moong Dal Pakoda is a widely famous street food. You can find several stalls offering this delicacy by the road, and the delicious aroma of frying fritters will attract you even from a distance. A big wok on a huge stove and lots of Pakoda being fried in it, while the people wait for their turn to get them.
Moong Dal means green gram, and Pakoda means fritter. This dish is a variety of Bhjaiye. The difference is that Bhajiye is prepared with gram flour, whereas Moong Dal Pakoda includes green gram batter.
Preparing Moong Dal Pakoda involves making a batter with green gram lentils and adding spices to it. Then you pour this batter into the oil, little by little, and fry it till it gets crispy and golden.
These fried cakes taste delicious with mint condiments, tamarind condiments, or ketchup. It is one of the best and most loved snacks to have on a rainy evening. You can also find this dish as a snack at Indian wedding functions and parties.
Authentic Recipe of Moong Dal Pakoda. Delicious Indian Traditional Green Gram Fritters from Gujarat.
— General Atributes of This Recipe:
— ADAPT THE SERVINGS OR PORTIONS BY ENTERING YOUR DESIRED VALUE —
- 1 cup Mung Bean – Green Gram – Maash – Moong Monggo – Munggo Split and skinned
- 1/2 thumb Fresh Ginger Root Roughly chopped
- 3 units Green Chili Roughly chopped
- 1 pinch Asafoetida
- 1 tsp Black Peppercorn
- 1 tsp Coriander Seed
- 1/8 cup Water For adjusting consistency
- Salt As needed
- Vegetable Oil For deep frying
- Soak the green gram lentils in water for at least 3 hours. Drain.
- Add the soaked lentils into a mixer pot. Add in the ginger, green chilies, and asafoetida. Grind this mixture into a smooth paste.
- Using a mortar and pestle, crush the coriander seeds and black peppercorns into a coarse powder and add it to the lentil mixture.
- Add salt and stir this batter vigorously for five minutes.
- Heat the oil in a pan for deep frying. One by one, drop a spoonful of the batter into the oil and fry it.
- Let the Pakoda become crispy and golden. Make sure that you keep on flipping them so that they cook evenly.
- Once cooked, put them on a paper napkin to drain excess oil. Your Indian Traditional Green Gram Fritters from Gujarat – Moong Dal Pakoda are ready. Serve hot with any condiment or ketchup.
— Specific Atributes of This Recipe:
Cooking tip for making Moong Dal Pakoda
You can also soak the lentils overnight a day before.
What to serve with Moong Dal Pakoda?
Serve the Moong Dal Pakode hot with mint or tamarind condiment. You can also enjoy it with tomato ketchup.
Variations of Moong Dal Pakoda
Moong Dal Pakode is a variety of Bhajiye, that is, Gram Flour Fritters.
Photo Disclaimer: – Images used in this article are owned by the respective individuals, artists, or other parties who post on their private social media accounts. These images only serve as an inspiration and cannot be copied (images or designs) for personal use.
Health Disclaimer: Agoralia is not responsible for any health problems that could be related to the information provided on the website. It is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice and should not be relied on as health or personal advice. The content is for informational purposes only, and should not be taken as professional medical advice reliance on or use of the information on the website is at their own risk. Always seek the guidance of your doctor or other qualified health professional with any questions you may have regarding your health or a medical condition. Never disregard the advice of a medical professional, or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this Website.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?