Moong Dal Halwa is an authentic Indian dessert from Rajasthan. It’s very rich and delicious, and you can prepare it at your home.
Things to know about Moong Dal Halwa Recipe.
Moong Dal Halwa is a rich and delicious Indian dessert that originates from North India. It is prepared from green gram lentils and lots of clarified butter. You can widely find this dessert at almost every wedding function in North Indian states.
The Indian Traditional Green Gram Pudding From Rajasthan – Moong Dal Halwa is a very delightful dish to have during the winter season. Moong Dal means green gram lentils and the meaning of Halwa is pudding.
Its preparation involves soaking the lentils overnight and then grinding them into a paste. The lentil paste is then cooked in the clarified butter till it becomes golden brown.
Finally, milk and sugar are added to the mixture. During preparation, your house will fill up with the mouthwatering aroma of this delicious dessert.
Making this dessert takes a lot of time but the delicious taste is worth all the wait. It is suggested to prepare this dish on the day when you have a lot of free time. Also, using a nonstick pan or wok will make the preparation convenient for you.
Delicious Indian Traditional Green Gram Pudding From Rajasthan. Authentic Recipe of Moong Dal Halwa
— General Atributes of This Recipe:
— ADAPT THE SERVINGS OR PORTIONS BY ENTERING YOUR DESIRED VALUE —
- 1 cup (1.06 cup) Green Moong Dal – Split Green Gram Split Green Gram Lentil
- 10 tbsp (10.14 tbsp) Clarified Butter
- 4 units (4 units) Green Cardamom Pod Seeds Crushed
- 10 Units Pistachio Unsalted, Chopped
- 1 tbsp Raisin
- 1 cup Milk Full Fat
- 2 Cup Water
- 1 cup Caster Sugar – Superfine Sugar – Baker´s Sugar
Making the Paste
- Soak the green gram lentils in water for 4-5 hours or overnight.
- Drain the water and grind the soaked lentils into a paste with 1/4 cup of water.
Preparing The Pudding
- Take a nonstick pan and add clarified butter to it
- Once it melts, add the lentil paste and mix it well.
- Now on a medium to low flame, stir the mixture continuously. Keep on stirring the mixture till the raw aroma of green gram lentils goes away completely.
- As you will stir, you will see that the mixture starts breaking down, and the fat separates from the sides of the pan. Continue stirring and split the lumps formed.
- Meanwhile, take another pan and add water, milk, and sugar to it.
- Keep it on a medium flame and stir till the sugar dissolves. Let this mixture come to a boil.
- Add this mixture to the roasted lentils while stirring. Let the mixture absorb in the lentils
- Turn the flame off as you see the fats separating again from the sides
- Your Indian Traditional Green Gram Pudding From Rajasthan – Moong Dal Halwa is ready. Add some cardamom powder in the end and garnish with some raisins and chopped pistachios
- Serve and enjoy the dish hot.
— Specific Atributes of This Recipe:
Photo Disclaimer: – Images used in this article are owned by the respective individuals, artists, or other parties who post on their private social media accounts. These images only serve as an inspiration and cannot be copied (images or designs) for personal use.
Health Disclaimer: Agoralia is not responsible for any health problems that could be related to the information provided on the website. It is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice and should not be relied on as health or personal advice. The content is for informational purposes only, and should not be taken as professional medical advice reliance on or use of the information on the website is at their own risk. Always seek the guidance of your doctor or other qualified health professional with any questions you may have regarding your health or a medical condition. Never disregard the advice of a medical professional, or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this Website.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?