Paneer Tikka is an Indian dish made with grilled chunks of cottage cheese. The cheese is marinated in a blend of spices and is popular in Punjab.
Things to know about Paneer Tikka Recipe
The Indian Traditional Grilled Cottage Cheese is a vegetarian recipe made with chunks of cottage cheese that are marinated in spices. The cheese is then grilled or baked. The dish is often made with gravy and is called Paneer Tikka Masala.
If served in a wrap, the dish is called Paneer Tikka Roll. The word “Paneer” means “cottage cheese” in Hindi, and “Tikka” means “cutlet.”
The dish is popularly served at local restaurants called “Dhabas” in Punjab. A variety of ingredients are needed to make this delicious recipe.
Mouthwatering Indian Traditional Grilled Cottage Cheese from Punjab. Authentic Recipe of Paneer Tikka.
— General Atributes of This Recipe:
— ADAPT THE SERVINGS OR PORTIONS BY ENTERING YOUR DESIRED VALUE —
- 150 grams (5.29 oz) Greek Yougurt
- 1 tbsp Ginger Garlic Paste
- 2 tbsp Mustard Oil
- 2 tsp Ground Coriander Powder
- 1 tsp Chaat Masala Powder
- 1 tsp Kashmiri Red Chili Powder
- 1 tsp Fenugreek Seeds Crushed
- ½ tsp Salt
- 2 tbsp Cilantro Chopped
- 2 tbsp Fresh Mint Chopped
- 300 graams (10.58 oz) Cottage Cheese Cubes
- 1 pc Onion Large
- 1 pc Bell Pepper Large
- 3 tbsp Lemon Juice
- Take a bowl and whisk the yogurt.
- Add ginger-garlic paste, mustard oil, coriander powder, Chaat Masala, Kashmiri red chili powder, Garam Masala, fenugreek seeds, and salt.
- Whisk all the ingredients and add lemon juice, cilantro, and mint.
- Add the cheese cubes, bell pepper, and onion. Mix everything well.
- Marinate the mixture for an hour.
- Take a skewer and alternately arrange the onion, cheese, and bell pepper.
- Spray the Tikka with oil spray.
- Bake the Paneer Tikka at 450°For 232°C in an oven.
- Remove the Tikka and sprinkle Chaat Masala and serve.
— Specific Atributes of This Recipe:
Cooking tip for making Paneer Tikka
- Do not overcook the cheese, or it will become chewy and tough.
- You can use any vegetable of your choice.
What to serve with Paneer Tikka?
Serve the Paneer Tikka with cilantro sauce.
Variations of Paneer Tikka
You can use curd instead of yogurt but do not use runny curd. It should be thick. You can marinate overnight as well.
Photo Disclaimer: – Images used in this article are owned by the respective individuals, artists, or other parties who post on their private social media accounts. These images only serve as an inspiration and cannot be copied (images or designs) for personal use.
Health Disclaimer: Agoralia is not responsible for any health problems that could be related to the information provided on the website. It is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice and should not be relied on as health or personal advice. The content is for informational purposes only, and should not be taken as professional medical advice reliance on or use of the information on the website is at their own risk. Always seek the guidance of your doctor or other qualified health professional with any questions you may have regarding your health or a medical condition. Never disregard the advice of a medical professional, or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this Website.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?