Things to know about Kathi Roll Recipe
The Indian Traditional Kebab Stuffed Bread or Kathi Roll is a veggie-filled spicy bread. The filling is a kind of roasted Kebab. The dish originated in Kolkata in West Bengal. In native Bengali, “Kati” translates to “stick”. Earlier, skewers were used to make the Kebabs.
The dish is served on the streets and is a quick grab food. Not that difficult to prepare, Kathi Roll can also be made at home during weekends. Kathi Roll is typically served with sauces like Green Chutney which is made with mint and cilantro. Kathi Roll can also be stuffed with chicken or egg.
Yummy Indian Traditional Kebab Stuffed Bread from West Bengal. Authentic Recipe of Kathi Roll.
— General Atributes of This Recipe:
— ADAPT THE SERVINGS OR PORTIONS BY ENTERING YOUR DESIRED VALUE —
- 1¼ cup Wheat Flour
- ⅓ cup Water
- ½ tsp Cumin Seeds
- 1 pc Potato
- 1 cup Mixed Vegetable
- 1 tbsp Oil
- ½ tsp Mustard
- ¼ tsp Asafoetida
- 1 pc Onion
- ¾ tsp Ginger Garlic Paste
- ¾ tsp Ground Coriander Powder
- ½ tsp Red Chili Powder
- ½ tsp Garam Masala
- ⅛ tsp Turmeric Powder – Curcuma Powder
- 2 tbsp Fresh Coriander Leaf
- Add flour and oil to a bowl. Add water and make a soft dough.
- Divide the dough into 4 or 5 equal parts.
- Using a rolling pin, flatten the dough.
- Heat a pan on medium flame.
- Cook the flattened dough on the pan. Make sure to flip the dough for even cooking.
- Repeat for the remaining dough and make the Rotis.
- Heat a pan with oil.
- Add asafoetida, onions, and salt. Fry until golden.
- Add ginger-garlic paste, veggies, turmeric, chili powder, coriander powder, and garam masala.
- Let it sauté. Set aside and cool.
- Roll the filling inside the Roti and use a toothpick to hold it together.
- You can also add scrambled eggs.
- You can also use any veggies of your choice.
You can use white flour instead of wheat flour.
Serve the Kathi Roll with Green Chutney which is a sauce made with cilantro and mint.
— Specific Atributes of This Recipe:
Agoralia is not responsible for any health problems that could be related to the information provided on the website. It is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice and should not be relied on as health or personal advice. The content is for informational purposes only, and should not be taken as professional medical advice reliance on or use of the information on the website is at their own risk. Always seek the guidance of your doctor or other qualified health professional with any questions you may have regarding your health or a medical condition. Never disregard the advice of a medical professional, or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this Website.