Things to know about Lemon Rice Recipe
The Indian Traditional Lemon Rice or Lemon Rice is a famous rice-dish popular across South India. The dish has a generous amount of lemon and boiled rice. Lemon gives the recipe a tangy flavor. Lemon Rice is also called Chitranna in Karnataka. The seasoning of the dish is called “Gojju”. The dish can also be cooked with onions, mango, or grated coconut. Lemon Rice, however, is the most popular. The characteristic yellow color of the dish comes from turmeric. Although Lemon Rice is most common to eat for breakfast, the dish can also be consumed for lunch or dinner. Lemon Rice can be served with a variety of pickles or sauces. Coconut Chutney, which is a coconut-based sauce is often served with the dish.
Tasteful Indian Traditional Lemon Rice from Karnataka. Authentic Recipe of Lemon Rice.
— General Atributes of This Recipe:
— ADAPT THE SERVINGS OR PORTIONS BY ENTERING YOUR DESIRED VALUE —
- 1 cup Rice
- 1½ cup Water
- ¼ tsp Salt
- 2 tbsp Lemon Juice
- ½ tsp Black Gram
- ½ tsp Yellow Gram
- 1 tbsp Oil
- 2 tbsp Peanut Raw
- ½ tsp Mustard Seed
- 12 pcs Curry Leaf
- 1 pc Green Chili
- ¼ tsp Turmeric Powder – Curcuma Powder
- ¼ tsp Asafoetida
- Take the rice into a pressure cooker and add water.
- Turn the flame high and cook for 3 whistles.
- Soak black gram and yellow gram for 15 minutes.
- Transfer the rice to a bowl and add lemon juice and salt.
- Heat oil in a pan and add peanuts.
- Add mustard seeds.
- Add the soaked black gram and yellow gram.
- Add curry leaves and chili and sauté for a few seconds.
- Add turmeric and asafoetida to the pan and remove after a few seconds.
- Transfer this mixture to the rice along with the peanuts.
- Mix everything well and adjust salt and lemon.
- Serve the rice.
- You can also add cashews if you want.
- Do not add lemon juice to hot water.
- Before mixing the tempering, make sure the rice is cool.
— Specific Atributes of This Recipe:
Photo Disclaimer: – Images used in this article are owned by the respective individuals, artists, or other parties who post on their private social media accounts. These images only serve as an inspiration and cannot be copied (images or designs) for personal use.
Health Disclaimer: Agoralia is not responsible for any health problems that could be related to the information provided on the website. It is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice and should not be relied on as health or personal advice. The content is for informational purposes only, and should not be taken as professional medical advice reliance on or use of the information on the website is at their own risk. Always seek the guidance of your doctor or other qualified health professional with any questions you may have regarding your health or a medical condition. Never disregard the advice of a medical professional, or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this Website.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?