Things to know about Aam Ka Achaar Recipe
The Indian Traditional Mango Pickle or Aam Ka Achaar is a spicy, tangy mixture of condiments and mangoes. “Aam” means “mango” and “Achaar” means “pickle” in Hindi. “Achaar” is a loanword of the Persian word “Acar” which means “powdered or salted meats, pickles preserved in salt, vinegar, honey or syrup”.
A mango pickle from North India tastes quite different from a mango pickle from South India. While North Indians use mustard oil, South Indians use sesame oil instead. The Achaar from Telangana and Andra Pradesh are popular for being spicy.
Delhi has been home to pickles for centuries. “Harnarains” is a pickle brand founded in the 1860s in the capital city.
Achaar can be consumed as a side dish or as dips. The condiment is also consumed daily at Indian homes with meals. Often Parathas, a flattened bread is served for breakfast with Achaar. Achaar has many variants. Some are made with lemons, others with mangoes or chili. The Mango pickle is one of the most popular variants of the sidedish.
Tasteful Indian Traditional Mango Pickle from Delhi. Authentic Recipe of Aam Ka Achaar.
— General Atributes of This Recipe:
— ADAPT THE SERVINGS OR PORTIONS BY ENTERING YOUR DESIRED VALUE —
- 2500 grams (5.51 lb) Mango
- 100 grams (3.53 oz) Fenugreek Seeds
- 50 grams (1.76 oz) red pepper
- 60 grams (2.12 oz) Onion Seed
- 100 grams (3.53 oz) Fennel Seed
- 2 tbsp Black Peppercorn
- 50 grams (1.76 oz) Turmeric Powder – Curcuma Powder
- 300 grams (10.58 oz) Salt
- 1500 ml (50.72 floz) Mustard Oil
- Mix the spices and add oil.
- Take mangoes and rub them in the mixture.
- There should be a layer of mangoes on top of a layer of spices.
- Repeat the layering process and add the rest of the oil to the jar.
- Keep the mixture in the sun for a week and store it.
- Serve the achaar.
- Add more red chili if you want the achaar to be spicier.
- Keep all utensils moisture free.
— Specific Atributes of This Recipe:
Photo Disclaimer: – Images used in this article are owned by the respective individuals, artists, or other parties who post on their private social media accounts. These images only serve as an inspiration and cannot be copied (images or designs) for personal use.
Health Disclaimer: Agoralia is not responsible for any health problems that could be related to the information provided on the website. It is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice and should not be relied on as health or personal advice. The content is for informational purposes only, and should not be taken as professional medical advice reliance on or use of the information on the website is at their own risk. Always seek the guidance of your doctor or other qualified health professional with any questions you may have regarding your health or a medical condition. Never disregard the advice of a medical professional, or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this Website.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?