Things to know about Amrakhand Recipe
A bowl of chilled mango-flavored Shrikhand on a scorching hot afternoon is the most delightful treat for your taste buds.
The Indian Traditional Mango Yogurt Dessert from Maharashtra – Amrakhand is a variation of the Shrikhand. It has its origin in the state of Maharashtra. This mouthwatering dessert has a silky and smooth texture and is made by mixing hung curd with sugar and mango pulp. Like Shrikhand, this dish is also a popular delicacy served during weddings and festive functions. You can enjoy Shrikhand all year long. But the mango season in India is incomplete without the Amrakhand. You can enjoy chilled Amrakhand as a dessert or enjoy it with fried unleavened bread or Poori.
Delicious Indian Traditional Mango Yogurt Dessert from Maharashtra. Authentic Recipe of Amrakhand.
— General Atributes of This Recipe:
— ADAPT THE SERVINGS OR PORTIONS BY ENTERING YOUR DESIRED VALUE —
- 3 cups Yogurt
- 2 pcs Mango Chopped
- 5 pcs Cardamom Crushed
- ½ cup White Sugar – Regular Sugar – Granulated Sugar
- 1 pinch Saffron
- The first step to prepare Amrakhand is to make hung curd. Take a muslin cloth and pour yogurt into it. Tie the edges together and squeeze the water from the yogurt. Let it sit in this position for at least 4 hours.
- Meanwhile, prepare the puree of the chopped mangoes.
- Once the curd is ready, pour it into the blender. Add sugar, cardamom, and saffron.
- Blend the mixture well till it becomes silky and smooth. Pour the mango puree and mix well.
- Place the Amrakhandin in the refrigerator and let it chill.
- The delicious Indian Traditional Mango Yogurt Dessert from Maharashtra – Amrakhand is ready.
Amrakhand is the mango-flavored version of the classic Shrikhand. Shrikhand is plain and doesn't have any additional flavor.
You can serve Amrakhand with Poori or fried Indian flatbread.
— Specific Atributes of This Recipe:
Agoralia is not responsible for any health problems that could be related to the information provided on the website. It is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice and should not be relied on as health or personal advice. The content is for informational purposes only, and should not be taken as professional medical advice reliance on or use of the information on the website is at their own risk. Always seek the guidance of your doctor or other qualified health professional with any questions you may have regarding your health or a medical condition. Never disregard the advice of a medical professional, or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this Website.