Things to know about Rasgulla Recipe
The Indian Traditional Milk Ball or Rasgulla is an Indian dessert made with curdled milk. This sweet looks like a white ball dipped in sugar syrup. The word “Rasgulla” is derived from two Hindi words, “Ras” and “Gulla”. “Ras” means juice and “Gulla” means ball. The dish is called Roshogolla in Bengali and Rasagola in Odia.
There is debate over the origin of the dish. Some people claim that the dish originated in West Bengal, others claim it originated in Orissa. A Kolkata-based confectioner, Nobin Chandra Das, is believed to create the spongy dessert. Another theory states that someone else created the dish and Das only popularized it. A third group argues that the dessert originated in Bangladesh. The Bengali and Odisha variant of Rasgulla differs.
Mouthwatering Indian Traditional Milk Balls from West Bengal. Authentic Recipe of Rasgulla.
— General Atributes of This Recipe:
— ADAPT THE SERVINGS OR PORTIONS BY ENTERING YOUR DESIRED VALUE —
- 1000 ml (33.81 floz) Whole Milk / Full-Fat Milk / Full-Cream Milk
- ½ cup Water For the milk
- 3 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1 tsp Corn Flour – Cornflour
- 1 cup White Sugar – Regular Sugar – Granulated Sugar
- 4 cups Water For the sugar
- In a heavy bottom pan, add milk and bring to heat.
- Once the milk comes to a boil, add water and remove from the heat.
- Add lemon juice.
- Drain the milk using a muslin cloth.
- Squeeze and remove the water from the muslin cloth.
- Add cornflour to the milk.
- Mash the mixture with your hands for about 10 minutes.
- Make small balls out of the mixture.
- In a pan over high heat, add water and sugar.
- Put the balls in the pan.
- Cook for 20 minutes and refrigerate them.
- Serve chilled.
— Specific Atributes of This Recipe:
Photo Disclaimer: – Images used in this article are owned by the respective individuals, artists, or other parties who post on their private social media accounts. These images only serve as an inspiration and cannot be copied (images or designs) for personal use.
Health Disclaimer: Agoralia is not responsible for any health problems that could be related to the information provided on the website. It is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice and should not be relied on as health or personal advice. The content is for informational purposes only, and should not be taken as professional medical advice reliance on or use of the information on the website is at their own risk. Always seek the guidance of your doctor or other qualified health professional with any questions you may have regarding your health or a medical condition. Never disregard the advice of a medical professional, or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this Website.