Things to know about Thandai Recipe
‘Thandai’ comes from the Hindi word ‘Thanda,’ which means ‘cool.’ The Indian Traditional Milk-Based Cold Drink from Uttar Pradesh – Thandai is a popular summer drink. It is associated with the festivals of Holi and Maha Shivratri.
Thandai has a variety of ingredients that include several nuts, herbs, and spices. Its preparation includes almonds, pepper, poppy seeds, watermelon seeds, fennel seeds, cardamom powder, etc. that give a strong flavor and fascinating aroma to the drink. Thandai has a nutty and sweet milky taste. As the name says, Thandai helps in bringing down the body heat. Some of the ingredients like almonds and rose petals are cooling in nature. To prepare Thandai, you can make the ingredient’s paste in advance and preserve it. And, whenever you feel like drinking Thandai, you can easily make it with the paste. Though Thandai is a summer drink, people prepare it at the festivals of Holi and Mahashivratri. On such occasions, you will find people consuming the Cannabis Thandai, also known as Bhaang. It is a traditional norm to have Cannabis Thandai during Holi and Mahashivratri.
Refreshing Indian Traditional Milk-Based Cold Drink from Uttar Pradesh. Authentic Recipe of Thandai.
— General Atributes of This Recipe:
— ADAPT THE SERVINGS OR PORTIONS BY ENTERING YOUR DESIRED VALUE —
- 1 cup Water Warm
- 2 tbso Pistachio Unsalted
- 3 tbsp Almond
- 2 tbsp Poppy Seed
- ¼ cup Melon Seed
- 2 tbsp Dry Rose Petal
- 1 tbsp Fennel Seed
- ½ tsp Black Peppercorn
- 4 units Green Cardamom Pod Seeds Husk removed
- 1 pinch Saffron
- ½ cup White Sugar – Regular Sugar – Granulated Sugar
- 8 cups Milk Chilled
- Ice Cubes As needed
- Rose Petal For garnish
- The first step is to soak almonds, pistachios, melon seeds, poppy seeds, rose petals, fennel seeds, and black peppercorn in warm water. You have to soak it for at least one hour.
- Now, after an hour, take the whole mixture with water and put it in a blending jar. Add sugar, cardamom, and saffron to it.
- Blend the mixture and make a smooth and fine paste. Your Thandai paste is ready.
- To prepare the Thandai, take four tablespoons of paste in a glass and add chilled milk.
- Mix it well and add a few ice cubes. Add some rose petals on the top. Your Indian Traditional Milk-Based Cold Drink from Uttar Pradesh – Thandai is ready. Serve it fresh and enjoy.
— Specific Atributes of This Recipe:
Photo Disclaimer: – Images used in this article are owned by the respective individuals, artists, or other parties who post on their private social media accounts. These images only serve as an inspiration and cannot be copied (images or designs) for personal use.
Health Disclaimer: Agoralia is not responsible for any health problems that could be related to the information provided on the website. It is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice and should not be relied on as health or personal advice. The content is for informational purposes only, and should not be taken as professional medical advice reliance on or use of the information on the website is at their own risk. Always seek the guidance of your doctor or other qualified health professional with any questions you may have regarding your health or a medical condition. Never disregard the advice of a medical professional, or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this Website.