Things to know about Bhelpuri Recipe
The Indian Traditional Mixed Puffed Rice with veggies or Bhelpuri is a famous street snack. Often called the “beach snack”, the dish is served on the beaches of Mumbai.
There are several theories associated with the origin of the recipe. One theory states that the recipe originated at a restaurant in Victoria Terminus. Another theory states that the dish was invented by Gujaratis, but the dish has most likely originated in Uttar Pradesh. There are a few regional variations of the dish that include curd.
The snack is served immediately after preparation as the dish turns soggy if it’s served later. School-going children relish the snack but it can also be prepared at home easily.
Yummy Indian Traditional Mixed Puffed Rice with Veggies from Uttar Pradesh. Authentic Recipe of Bhelpuri.
— General Atributes of This Recipe:
— ADAPT THE SERVINGS OR PORTIONS BY ENTERING YOUR DESIRED VALUE —
- 2 cups Puffed Rice
- 2 tbsp Onion Finely chopped
- 4 tbsp Tomato Chopped
- 4 tbsp Potato Boiled, diced
- 2 tbsp Fresh Coriander Leaf Finely chopped
- 1 pc Green Chili Finely chopped
- ¾ tsp Chaat Masala Powder
- 2 tbsp Roasted Peanut
- 10 pcs Papdi – Chaat
- ½ cup Sev
- ½ tsp Red Chili Powder
- 1 tsp Salt
- Boil the potatoes, make sure they are not mushy.
- Add the puffed rice, boiled potatoes, onions, tomatoes, chilies and coriander leaves to a mixing bowl.
- Mix the ingredients well.
- Add Chaat Masala and red chili powder.
- Add salt, crushed Papdi, and Sev.
- Give the ingredients a good stir.
- Serve the bhelpuri immediately.
- You can make also make the Bhelpuri without the onions.
- Serve Bhelpuri immediately after making it. Serving it later will make the Bhelpuri soggy.
- Make sure the ingredients are ready before mixing.
If the puffed rice is not crispy, then roast it. Always add sev and papdi towards the end.
— Specific Atributes of This Recipe:
Photo Disclaimer: – Images used in this article are owned by the respective individuals, artists, or other parties who post on their private social media accounts. These images only serve as an inspiration and cannot be copied (images or designs) for personal use.
Health Disclaimer: Agoralia is not responsible for any health problems that could be related to the information provided on the website. It is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice and should not be relied on as health or personal advice. The content is for informational purposes only, and should not be taken as professional medical advice reliance on or use of the information on the website is at their own risk. Always seek the guidance of your doctor or other qualified health professional with any questions you may have regarding your health or a medical condition. Never disregard the advice of a medical professional, or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this Website.