Aloo Chaat is a street snack made with a mixture of potatoes and spices. It has a salty, spicy, and tangy flavor.
Things to know about Aloo Chaat Recipe
The word “Aloo” means “Potato,” and the word “Chaat” is derived from the Hindi word “chaatna” which means to taste.
Chaat originated in Uttar Pradesh under the Mughal rule when the royal doctors asked Emperor Shah Jahan to consume spicy and fried snacks and curd as a countermeasure to the alkaline water of the river Yamuna.
Different varieties of Chaat thus originated in Uttar Pradesh but are popular throughout the Indian subcontinent. The dish is very simple to prepare and relatively cheap.
Yummy Indian Traditional Mixed Spicy Potatoes from Uttar Pradesh. Authentic Recipe of Aloo Chaat.
— General Atributes of This Recipe:
— ADAPT THE SERVINGS OR PORTIONS BY ENTERING YOUR DESIRED VALUE —
- 700 grams (1.54 lb) Potato
- 1 tbsp Oil
- 1 tsp Garlic Chopped
- 1 pc Green Chili Chopped
- ½ tsp Roasted Cumin Powder
- 1 tsp Salt
- ⅛ tsp Chaat Masala Powder
- ½ tsp Red Chili Powder
- 1 tbsp Fresh Coriander Leaf Chopped
- 4 tbsp Nylon Sev
- 2 tbsp Pomegranate Arils
- ½ tsp Lemon Juice
- Peel the potatoes and slice them into small cubes.
- Boil the potatoes and make sure they do not turn mushy.
- Cool the potatoes completely.
- Add oil to a pan and heat it.
- Add ginger and green chili to the pan and sauté.
- Now add the potatoes to the pan and sauté on high flame until the potatoes turn golden.
- Remove from the heat and add red chili powder, Chaat Masala Powder, salt, and cumin powder.
- Also, add lemon juice.
- Mix well and transfer to a serving plate.
— Specific Atributes of This Recipe:
Cooking tip for making Aloo Chaat
- Instead of frying, you can also grill the potatoes in an oven until crisp.
- Instead of deep frying the potatoes, they can also be shallow fried. Do not replace Chaat Masala with any other condiment. Do not skip the step.
What to serve with Aloo Chaat?
Aloo Chaat is typically served with green chutney made with cilantro and mint.
Photo Disclaimer: – Images used in this article are owned by the respective individuals, artists, or other parties who post on their private social media accounts. These images only serve as an inspiration and cannot be copied (images or designs) for personal use.
Health Disclaimer: Agoralia is not responsible for any health problems that could be related to the information provided on the website. It is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice and should not be relied on as health or personal advice. The content is for informational purposes only, and should not be taken as professional medical advice reliance on or use of the information on the website is at their own risk. Always seek the guidance of your doctor or other qualified health professional with any questions you may have regarding your health or a medical condition. Never disregard the advice of a medical professional, or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this Website.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?