Things to know about Sarson Ka Saag Recipe
On the 13th of January every year, North Indians celebrate the festival of Lohri. It marks the arrival of longer days after the winter season. This day is also the time when farmers harvest the winter crop. Sarson Ka Saag and Makke ki Roti are one of the main dishes that people enjoy to celebrate the festival of Lohri.
The Indian Traditional Mustard Greens Curry from Punjab – Sarson Ka Saag is a very famous vegetarian dish that everyone loves to eat during winters. Its preparation involves mustard green leaves and spices like garlic and ginger. The mouthwatering Sarson ka Saag originates from the state of Punjab, which is a leading agriculture center. Other green leafy vegetables like Spinach are also added along with mustard greens to enhance the dish’s taste. Serve hot Sarson Ka Saag with Makki Ki Roti along with butter and jaggery pieces. It is one of the most delicious Punjabi dishes that you will ever try.
Mouthwatering Indian Traditional Mustard Greens Curry from Punjab. Authentic Recipe of Sarson Ka Saag.
— General Atributes of This Recipe:
— ADAPT THE SERVINGS OR PORTIONS BY ENTERING YOUR DESIRED VALUE —
For Pressure Cooking
- 1 bunch Mustard Greens
- ½ bunch Spinach
- ½ thumb Fresh Ginger Root Chopped
- 2 cloves Garlic Chopped
- ¼ pc Onion Chopped
- 2 pcs Chili
- ½ tsp Salt
- 1 cup Water
- 2 tbsp Cornmeal – Maize Flour
- 2 tbsp Clarified Butter
- 2 cloves Garlic Finely chopped
- 1 Finger Fresh Ginger Root Finely chopped
- 1 pc Green Chili Slit
- 1 pc Onion Medium, Finely chopped
- To prepare Sarson Ka Saag, wash mustard greens and spinach leaves and chop them finely.
- Add the leaves to a pressure cooker with garlic, ginger, onion, chili, and salt. Add water to it and cook the leaves for four whistles.
- Once the cooker settles, mash the leaves with a spoon. You can also blend it in a mixer. Once pureed, add the maize flour.
- In a pan, heat the clarified butter and add the garlic, ginger, and green chili. Sauté everything.
- Now add the chopped onions and stir until it becomes golden brown.
- Next, add the mashed leaves and mix everything well. Cook it for five more minutes.
- The Indian Traditional Mustard Greens Curry from Punjab – Sarson Ka Saag is ready. Enjoy it hot with Makki Ki Roti Or Chapati.
Serve Sarson Ka Saag hot with Makki Ki Roti which is Indian Corn Flatbread.
— Specific Atributes of This Recipe:
Agoralia is not responsible for any health problems that could be related to the information provided on the website. It is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice and should not be relied on as health or personal advice. The content is for informational purposes only, and should not be taken as professional medical advice reliance on or use of the information on the website is at their own risk. Always seek the guidance of your doctor or other qualified health professional with any questions you may have regarding your health or a medical condition. Never disregard the advice of a medical professional, or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this Website.