Things to know about Malpua Recipe
Do you love pancakes? If yes, then you should also try its Indian version, known as Malpua.
The Indian Traditional Pancakes from Uttar Pradesh – Malpua is a delicious, soft, and fluffy dessert. Its preparation involves frying the batter to prepare cakes and then soaking them in sugar syrup. The batter of Malpua consists of all-purpose flour and spices. The addition of milk solids and curd adds richness to the taste. Traditionally, the preparation of Malpua requires frying the batter in clarified butter, but you can also use oil and you can also limit its quantity. The Malpua is fluffy on the outside and crispy on the edges. The Malpua is one of the most popular preparations in Indian wedding functions and feasts. Everyone loves the soft and rich Malpua served with Rabdi or condensed milk. You can easily find Malpua in local Indian sweet shops. Malpua with Rabdi is a heavenly combination, especially on the night of the winter season.
Yummy Indian Traditional Pancakes from Uttar Pradesh. Authentic Recipe of Malpua.
— General Atributes of This Recipe:
— ADAPT THE SERVINGS OR PORTIONS BY ENTERING YOUR DESIRED VALUE —
- ½ cup White Sugar – Regular Sugar – Granulated Sugar
- ¼ cup Water
Batter and Pancake
- 1 cup All Purpose Flour – Plain Flour
- 1 tsp Fennel Seed
- ⅓ tsp Ground Cardamom Powder
- ⅛ tsp Baking Soda
- ½ cup Water
- 3 tbsp Milk Solids Khoya
- 3 tbsp Curd or yogurt
- 3 tbsp Clarified Butter
- Oil For frying
- ½ cup Almond
- ½ cup Pistachio
- Take a pan and put it on a low flame. Add water and sugar and mix..
- Keep on heating the mixture and stirring it continuously till you get the syrup of one-string consistency. If you can determine the consistency, make sure that you get a sticky syrup.
- Now, turn off the flame, but you have to make sure that the sugar doesn't crystallize. Hence, keep the syrup pan in another vessel containing hot water.
- In a bowl, combine the flour, fennel, and cardamom powder.
- Mix everything well and add the milk solids along with the curd. Also, add water and start stirring to form a flowing batter. Let the batter rest on the side for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, take the almonds and pistachios and blanch them in hot water for 20 minutes. Then remove their peel and cut it into slices.
- Heat clarified butter in a pan. While it is heating, add baking soda to the batter and mix it well.
- Lower the flame and pour three tablespoons of batter into the hot butter. Spread the batter evenly on the pan with a spoon.
- Fry the Malpus on medium heat till it becomes golden. Then flip it and fry the other side.
- Once it cooks from both sides, take the Malpua and place it in the sugar syrup.
- Coat the Malpua in the syrup. You can use a tong to turn it around. Once the Mapua soaks the syrup, take it out and place it on the serving dish.
- Garnish it with sliced almonds and pistachios and enjoy them hot. Your Indian Traditional Pancakes from Uttar Pradesh – Malpua is ready.
Malpua tastes delicious with Rabdi or condensed milk.
— Specific Atributes of This Recipe:
Agoralia is not responsible for any health problems that could be related to the information provided on the website. It is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice and should not be relied on as health or personal advice. The content is for informational purposes only, and should not be taken as professional medical advice reliance on or use of the information on the website is at their own risk. Always seek the guidance of your doctor or other qualified health professional with any questions you may have regarding your health or a medical condition. Never disregard the advice of a medical professional, or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this Website.