The Malpua is an authentic Indian sweet from Uttar Pradesh. You can make it at home with all-purpose flour, khoya, and sugar syrup.
Things to know about Malpua Recipe
Do you love pancakes? If yes, then you should also try its Indian version, known as Malpua.
The Indian Traditional Pancakes from Uttar Pradesh – Malpua is a delicious, soft, and fluffy dessert. Its preparation involves frying the batter to prepare cakes and then soaking them in sugar syrup. The batter consists of all-purpose flour and spices. The addition of milk solids and curd adds richness to the taste.
Traditionally, the preparation requires frying the batter in clarified butter, but you can also use oil and limit its quantity. It is fluffy on the outside and crispy on the edges. It is one of the most popular preparations in Indian wedding functions and feasts.
Everyone loves the soft and rich sweet served with Rabdi or condensed milk. You can easily find it in local Indian sweet shops. Malpua with Rabdi is a heavenly combination, especially on the night of the winter season.
Yummy Indian Traditional Pancakes from Uttar Pradesh. Authentic Recipe of Malpua.
— General Atributes of This Recipe:
— ADAPT THE SERVINGS OR PORTIONS BY ENTERING YOUR DESIRED VALUE —
- ½ cup White Sugar – Regular Sugar – Granulated Sugar
- ¼ cup Water
Batter and Pancake
- 1 cup All Purpose Flour – Plain Flour
- 1 tsp Fennel Seed
- ⅓ tsp Ground Cardamom Powder
- ⅛ tsp Baking Soda
- ½ cup Water
- 3 tbsp Milk Solids Khoya
- 3 tbsp Curd or yogurt
- 3 tbsp Clarified Butter
- Oil For frying
- ½ cup Almond
- ½ cup Pistachio
- Take a pan and put it on a low flame. Add water and sugar and mix..
- Keep on heating the mixture and stirring it continuously till you get the syrup of one-string consistency. If you can determine the consistency, make sure that you get a sticky syrup.
- Now, turn off the flame, but you have to make sure that the sugar doesn't crystallize. Hence, keep the syrup pan in another vessel containing hot water.
- In a bowl, combine the flour, fennel, and cardamom powder.
- Mix everything well and add the milk solids along with the curd. Also, add water and start stirring to form a flowing batter. Let the batter rest on the side for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, take the almonds and pistachios and blanch them in hot water for 20 minutes. Then remove their peel and cut it into slices.
- Heat clarified butter in a pan. While it is heating, add baking soda to the batter and mix it well.
- Lower the flame and pour three tablespoons of batter into the hot butter. Spread the batter evenly on the pan with a spoon.
- Fry the Malpus on medium heat till it becomes golden. Then flip it and fry the other side.
- Once it cooks from both sides, take the Malpua and place it in the sugar syrup.
- Coat the Malpua in the syrup. You can use a tong to turn it around. Once the Mapua soaks the syrup, take it out and place it on the serving dish.
- Garnish it with sliced almonds and pistachios and enjoy them hot. Your Indian Traditional Pancakes from Uttar Pradesh – Malpua is ready.
— Specific Atributes of This Recipe:
Cooking tip for making Malpua
If you don’t have Khoya, you can use milk powder.
What to serve with Malpua?
Malpua tastes delicious with Rabdi or condensed milk.
Photo Disclaimer: – Images used in this article are owned by the respective individuals, artists, or other parties who post on their private social media accounts. These images only serve as an inspiration and cannot be copied (images or designs) for personal use.
Health Disclaimer: Agoralia is not responsible for any health problems that could be related to the information provided on the website. It is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice and should not be relied on as health or personal advice. The content is for informational purposes only, and should not be taken as professional medical advice reliance on or use of the information on the website is at their own risk. Always seek the guidance of your doctor or other qualified health professional with any questions you may have regarding your health or a medical condition. Never disregard the advice of a medical professional, or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this Website.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?