Things to know about Mattar Paneer Recipe
Are you looking for a tasty Indian curry to prepare for dinner? Go with Mattar Paneer and watch everyone enjoying its lip-smacking taste.
The Indian Traditional Peas And Cottage Cheese Curry from Punjab – Mattar Paneer is a North Indian vegetarian dish. In the Hindi language, ‘Mattar’ means peas, and Paneer means Cottage Cheese. It is one of the favorite dishes that people love to have, not only at home but also in restaurants. Mattar Paneer contains cottage cheese, peas, and a tomato-based sauce with spicy seasonings. Its tangy taste and spicy flavor make it delicious. You can enjoy Mattar Paneer with Chapati, rice, or Paratha. It tastes yummy with everything.
Tasteful Indian Traditional Peas and Cottage Cheese Curry from Punjab. Authentic Recipe of Mattar Paneer.
— General Atributes of This Recipe:
— ADAPT THE SERVINGS OR PORTIONS BY ENTERING YOUR DESIRED VALUE —
- 3 pcs Tomato Medium, chopped
- 1 pc Onion Medium, chopped
- 2 pcs Green Chili Chopped
- 1 tsp Fresh Ginger Root Chopped
- 1 tsp Garlic Chopped
- 2 tbsp Fresh Coriander
- 10 pcs Cashew
- 5 pcs Black Peppercorn
- 2 pcs Clove
- 1 inch Cinnamon Stick
- 1 tsp Coriander Seed
- 3 tbsp Oil or clarified butter
- ½ tbsp Cumin Seeds
- ¼ tsp Turmeric Powder – Curcuma Powder
- ½ tsp Red Chili Powder
- ½ tsp Garam Masala
- 1 cup Garden Peas – Sweet Peas – English Peas – Green Peas Fresh or frozen
- 2 cups Water
- 250 grams (8.82 oz) Cottage Cheese Cubes
- 2 tbsp Fresh Coriander Chopped
- Salt to taste
- For making the gravy, combine the onions, tomatoes, green chili, ginger, garlic, cardamom, cinnamon, coriander, cashew nuts, and cloves. Blend it with a mixer grinder. Make sure that you have a smooth paste.
- Next, heat oil in a heavy-bottomed pan and add cumin seeds. Let the seeds crackle.
- Add the blended paste and mix well. Keep on stirring the gravy till the oil separates from it.
- Then add turmeric powder, red chili powder, and Garam Masala Powder. Mix everything well for a few seconds.
- Add green peas, salt, and water to the gravy. Stir nicely and cover the pan with a lid. Let it cook until the peas become mushy and soft.
- Once the peas cook, add the cottage cheese cubes. Mix them well with the gravy and turn off the flame.
- Lastly, decorate it with chopped coriander leaves and serve hot on the plate.
- Your Indian Traditional Peas And Cottage Cheese Curry from Punjab – Mattar Paneer is ready. You can enjoy it with flatbread or rice.
— Specific Atributes of This Recipe:
Photo Disclaimer: – Images used in this article are owned by the respective individuals, artists, or other parties who post on their private social media accounts. These images only serve as an inspiration and cannot be copied (images or designs) for personal use.
Health Disclaimer: Agoralia is not responsible for any health problems that could be related to the information provided on the website. It is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice and should not be relied on as health or personal advice. The content is for informational purposes only, and should not be taken as professional medical advice reliance on or use of the information on the website is at their own risk. Always seek the guidance of your doctor or other qualified health professional with any questions you may have regarding your health or a medical condition. Never disregard the advice of a medical professional, or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this Website.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?