Things to know about Dabeli Recipe
The street food of Gujarat, India has a delicious snack known as Dabeli. Have a bite, and it will satisfy your taste buds.
The Traditional Potato Stuffed Bread Bun from Gujrat – Dabeli is a popular snack that originates from the Kutch region of India. Its preparation involves preparing a spicy potato filling and stuffing it in an Indian bread bun known as Pav. The addition of tamarind condiments, peanuts, and pomegranate seeds gives a crunchy taste to Dabeli.
The word ‘Dabeli’ means pressed. The credits for the invention of Dabeli go to Keshav Malam, who prepared it for the first time in 1960. He set up the first-ever Dabeli stall in Mandvi, Kutch. You can still go to this stall if you ever visit Gujarat. Now, Dabeli is famous all over the states of Gujarat and Maharashtra. You can find it as street food in Mumbai and can munch it as a snack on the go.
Delicious Indian Traditional Potato Stuffed Bread Bun from Gujarat. Authentic Recipe of Dabeli.
— General Atributes of This Recipe:
— ADAPT THE SERVINGS OR PORTIONS BY ENTERING YOUR DESIRED VALUE —
Dabeli Masala Powder
- 1 tsp Coriander Seed
- ½ inch Cinnamon Stick
- 1 unit Red Chili
- 3 units Clove
- ½ tsp Cumin Seeds
- ½ cup Garlic Chopped
- ½ tsp Lemon Juice
- 3 units Dried Red Chili
- Salt to taste
- 3 units Potato Boiled, peeled, mashed
- 1 unit Onion Small, chopped
- 1 tsp Dabeli Masala Powder
- ½ tsp Ground Cumin Powder
- 1 pinch Asafoetida
- ¼ cup Grated Coconut
- 2 tbsp Tamarind And Date Condiment
- ¼ cup Fresh Coriander Leaf Chopped
- ¼ cup Pomegranate Seed
- 2 tbsp Oil
- Salt to taste
- 5 pcs Bread Bun Pav
- ½ cup Roasted Peanut
- ½ cup Sev Fried noodle snack
- ½ cup Fresh Coriander Leaf Chopped
- ½ cup Pomegranate Seed
- Garlic Condiment to taste
- Tamarind And Date Condiment to taste
Dabeli Masala Powder
- Combine red chili, cloves, cumin seeds, coriander seeds, and cinnamon in a pan and dry roast them.
- Let them cool, and then put them into a blender. Grind it into a smooth powder and set it aside.
- Take the mixer grinder and add soaked red chili, lemon juice, garlic, and salt to it.
- Blend it into a smooth paste. Add water to adjust the consistency if required.
- Peel and mash the boiled potatoes.
- Take a pan and add oil to it. Let it heat on medium flame and add cumin seeds.
- As the cumin crackles, add chopped onions and fry them till they become translucent.
- Next, add asafoetida and sauté it for a few minutes. Add the sweet tamarind and dates condiment and mix well.
- Add the mashed potatoes and salt and combine the mixture well. Cook for 2 minutes and turn off the flame.
- Take the filling and place it on a plate. Now sprinkle some coriander, grated coconut, and pomegranate seeds and set it aside.
- Take a bread bun and spread the Red condiment on one side. Apply sweet tamarind condiment on the other side.
- Take some potato filling and place it on the top of one side of the bread bun.
- Sprinkle some chopped onion, roasted peanuts, coriander leaves, and pomegranate seeds over the filling. Also, add some Dabeli Masala and Sev.
- Cover it with the other side of the bread bun. Your Traditional Potato Stuffed Bread Bun from Gujrat – Dabeli is ready. Serve it warm and fresh.
— Specific Atributes of This Recipe:
Agoralia is not responsible for any health problems that could be related to the information provided on the website. It is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice and should not be relied on as health or personal advice. The content is for informational purposes only, and should not be taken as professional medical advice reliance on or use of the information on the website is at their own risk. Always seek the guidance of your doctor or other qualified health professional with any questions you may have regarding your health or a medical condition. Never disregard the advice of a medical professional, or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this Website.