Things to know about Phirni Recipe
The Indian Traditional Pudding or Phirni is a dessert made by boiling sugar, milk, ground rice, and nuts. Perfect to eat after a heavy meal, the classic milky dessert is relished by people of different cultures and cuisines.
Phirni originated in ancient Persia and was brought to India by the Mughals. In Iran, the dish is called Fereni. The dish was also consumed in China and was called “The Chinese Eight Jewel Rice Pudding” since it was made with eight different kinds of fruits.
In India, the most famous and tasteful phirni is the one made in Delhi, Amritsari Phirni, and the one made in parts of Kashmir. Phirni can be served both cold and hot.
Mouthwatering Indian Traditional Pudding from Delhi. Authentic Recipe of Phirni.
— General Atributes of This Recipe:
— ADAPT THE SERVINGS OR PORTIONS BY ENTERING YOUR DESIRED VALUE —
- 10 pcs Almond
- 1 tbsp Water For the almonds
- ¼ cup Basmati Rice
- 3 tbsp Water For the rice
- ½ cup Milk For the rice
- 3½ cups Milk
- ⅓ cup White Sugar – Regular Sugar – Granulated Sugar
- ¼ tsp Green Cardamom Powder
- 6 pcs Saffron
- Blanch the almonds and put them into the jar of a grinder.
- Add water and grind the almonds into a paste.
- Rinse the rice and soak it in water for 30 minutes.
- After draining the rice, put it into the jar of the grinder and add water.
- Make a smooth paste and add milk. Set it aside.
- In a heavy bottom pan, heat the remaining milk on medium flame.
- When the milk starts boiling, add the rice paste and reduce it to low flame.
- Add sugar, green cardamom, and saffron strands and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Now, add the almond paste and cook for 2minutes.
- Remove the pan and serve.
- You can use any variety of flavored rice instead of Basmati rice.
- You can also skip saffron but do not replace saffron with any aromatic ingredient.
- Serve the phirni chilled.
- Constantly stir the phirni while cooking.
You can soak the rice in hot water for 15 minutes instead of soaking the rice in regular water for 30 minutes.
— Specific Atributes of This Recipe:
Photo Disclaimer: – Images used in this article are owned by the respective individuals, artists, or other parties who post on their private social media accounts. These images only serve as an inspiration and cannot be copied (images or designs) for personal use.
Health Disclaimer: Agoralia is not responsible for any health problems that could be related to the information provided on the website. It is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice and should not be relied on as health or personal advice. The content is for informational purposes only, and should not be taken as professional medical advice reliance on or use of the information on the website is at their own risk. Always seek the guidance of your doctor or other qualified health professional with any questions you may have regarding your health or a medical condition. Never disregard the advice of a medical professional, or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this Website.