Things to know about Khichu Recipe
The delicious Gujarati cuisine is famous because of its mouthwatering dishes that are also very healthy. You can prepare several Gujarati dishes with primary ingredients and still enjoy their delightful yet subtle taste. One such savory delicacy is the Khichu.
The Indian Traditional Rice Flour Porridge from Gujarat – Khichu is a healthy delicacy. You can enjoy it at dinner or as an evening snack. It’s one of the most well-known street foods in Gujarat. Its preparation involves steaming the rice flour to prepare a lumpy mixture. Though this delicacy may not look delicious, your opinion will change once you grab a bite. Despite being popular street food, Khichu is very healthy and tastes delicious. While serving the Khichu, pour a generous amount of peanut oil or clarified butter as a topping. It doesn’t only enhances its taste but also provides you sufficient carbohydrates for your morning breakfast. Khichu has a very subtle taste, but if you prefer it to be a little spicy, you can also top it with some red chili powder or pickle mixture. Remember to serve this dish hot if you wish to enjoy Khichu at best.
Authentic Recipe of Khichu. Savory Indian Traditional Rice Flour Porridge from Gujarat.
— General Atributes of This Recipe:
— ADAPT THE SERVINGS OR PORTIONS BY ENTERING YOUR DESIRED VALUE —
- 2.5 cups Water
- 1 unit Chili Finely Chopped
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 1/4 tsp Carom Seed – Ajwain
- 1/4 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 cup Rice Flour
- Peanut Oil For Serving
- In a pan, add water and heat. Add in the chili powder, cumin seeds, carom seeds, and baking soda.
- Stir and let the water boil for 3 minutes.
- Next, add the rice flour and stir constantly until smooth. Make sure that you don't stop mixing to avoid lumps.
- When it turns into a soft mixture, cover the dish. Let it simmer for six minutes.
- Once cooked, serve the Khichu in a bowl and top it with peanut oil or clarified butter. You can also sprinkle some pickle powder or red chili powder to make it spicy.
- Your delicious Indian Traditional Rice Flour Porridge from Gujarat – Khichu is ready. Enjoy it hot.
— Specific Atributes of This Recipe:
Photo Disclaimer: – Images used in this article are owned by the respective individuals, artists, or other parties who post on their private social media accounts. These images only serve as an inspiration and cannot be copied (images or designs) for personal use.
Health Disclaimer: Agoralia is not responsible for any health problems that could be related to the information provided on the website. It is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice and should not be relied on as health or personal advice. The content is for informational purposes only, and should not be taken as professional medical advice reliance on or use of the information on the website is at their own risk. Always seek the guidance of your doctor or other qualified health professional with any questions you may have regarding your health or a medical condition. Never disregard the advice of a medical professional, or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this Website.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?