Things to know about Tandoori Chicken Recipe
The Indian Traditional Roasted Chicken or Tandoori Chicken is a type of roasted chicken marinated in yogurt and spices. The dish is made in a tandoor, which is a traditional metal oven. Hence, the name of the dish is “Tandoori Chicken”.
Tandoori Chicken originated in Punjab before the partition of India. It was popularized at Moti Mahal in Delhi by Kundan Lal Jaggi and Kundal Lal Gujral who were the founders of the Moti Mahal restaurant.
Tandoori Chicken is also a precursor of another famous Indian dish called Butter Chicken. The dish came into being when a tandoori chicken was left with tomatoes and butter overnight. Tandoori Chicken is garnished with onions and lemon wedges. The dish is served with steamed rice or various sauces or dips.
Mouthwatering Indian Traditional Roasted Chicken from Punjab. Authentic Recipe of Tandoori Chicken.
— General Atributes of This Recipe:
— ADAPT THE SERVINGS OR PORTIONS BY ENTERING YOUR DESIRED VALUE —
- 500 grams (1.1 lb) Chicken
- ½ cup Greek Yougurt
- ¾ tbsp Ginger Garlic Paste
- 1 tsp Garam Masala
- 1 tsp Red Chili Powder
- ¼ tsp Black Peppercorn Crushed
- 1 tsp Ground Coriander Powder
- ¼ tsp Salt
- ¼ tsp Turmeric Powder – Curcuma Powder
- 1 tsp Dried Fenugreek Leaf – Kasuri Methi
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 4 tbsp Oil
- In a mixing bowl, add Greek yogurt.
- Add ginger-garlic paste, Garam Masala, red chili powder, salt, turmeric, fenugreek leaves, pepper powder, and coriander powder.
- Pour oil and lemon juice. Mix all the ingredients well.
- Make slits all over the chicken and add to the bowl.
- Make sure the marinade will fully coat the chicken including the slits.
- Cover and set the chicken aside for 6 hours.
- Preheat the oven for 15 minutes.
- Place a tray under a well-greased wired rack to collect the drippings.
- Grill the chicken for 15 minutes.
- Set the oven to broil mode and keep it there for 5 minutes.
- Remove the chicken.
- Brush the drippings all over the chicken. And serve.
- Adjust grilling time according to the size of the chicken.
- The longer you marinate, the better the flavor.
— Specific Atributes of This Recipe:
Photo Disclaimer: – Images used in this article are owned by the respective individuals, artists, or other parties who post on their private social media accounts. These images only serve as an inspiration and cannot be copied (images or designs) for personal use.
Health Disclaimer: Agoralia is not responsible for any health problems that could be related to the information provided on the website. It is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice and should not be relied on as health or personal advice. The content is for informational purposes only, and should not be taken as professional medical advice reliance on or use of the information on the website is at their own risk. Always seek the guidance of your doctor or other qualified health professional with any questions you may have regarding your health or a medical condition. Never disregard the advice of a medical professional, or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this Website.