Pinni is an Indian Punjabi dessert made up of wheat flour and ghee. You can keep it in an airtight container in the refrigerator for weeks.
Things to know about Pinni Recipe
Did you ever crave something sweet at a random time but didn’t have anything? Well, the delicious Traditional Round Wheat Flour Dessert from Punjab – Pinni is a sweet dish you can carry with you anywhere and without any mess!
Pinni is a North Indian dessert that is widely popular across India. Winter is the preferred season for preparing and eating Pinni. It is round and contains clarified butter, wheat flour, edible gum, jaggery, and dry fruits. You may find Pinni as a preparation for any special occasion or festival.
However, you can also prepare it as a snack or dessert at home. One of the significant ingredients of Pinni is the edible gum that enhances its taste and makes it interesting to eat. The best part about this sweet is that you can make it once and store it for up to one month. So for the next time your sweet tooth calls, you know what to carry along.
Delicious Indian Traditional Round Wheat Flour Dessert from Punjab. Authentic Recipe of Pinni.
— General Atributes of This Recipe:
— ADAPT THE SERVINGS OR PORTIONS BY ENTERING YOUR DESIRED VALUE —
- 1 cup Clarified Butter
- ½ cup Edible Gum
- ¼ cup Cashew
- ¼ cup Almond
- 2 tbsp Raisin
- ½ cup Makhana – Fox Nut
- 1½ cup Wheat Flour
- ¼ cup Desiccated Coconut
- ¼ cup Muskmelon Seed – Cantaloupe Seed
- ½ tsp Ground Cardamom Powder
- ½ tsp Ground Ginger Powder
- 1 cup Icing Sugar – Powdered Sugar – Confectioners Sugar
- To prepare Pinni, take1/4 of the clarified butter in a pan and add the edible gum. Roast it on a low flame till the gum expands and turns into crystals.
- Place the gum crystals on a plate, and with the help of a cup, crush them into a grainy powder. Let it rest on the side in a large bowl.
- Now in the same pan, add almonds, cashew nuts, and raisins and roast them on low flame till they turn golden brown.
- Once the dry fruits cool down, put them into a mixer and blend into a coarse powder. Transfer this mixture to the bowl with gum.
- Now again, in the same pan, add fox nuts and roast them till they become crispy. Blend it into a powder and mix with the gum and dry fruits.
- Next, in a large pan, take the remaining 3/4 of the clarified butter, and add the wheat flour. Roast the flour for 45 minutes so that it becomes golden brown. But make sure that you don't burn it.
- Transfer the flour to the same bowl with the dry fruit mixture and let it cool completely.
- Meanwhile, in another pan, dry roast the muskmelon seeds and dry coconut until they turn golden brown. Add this to the wheat flour mixture too.
- Now mix everything nicely and let it cool till it comes to room temperature. Add the powdered sugar to it and mix everything again.
- Now take small portions of the mixture and prepare small balls out of it. Your Traditional Round Wheat Flour Dessert from Punjab – Pinni is ready. You can store it in an airtight container and enjoy it for a month.
— Specific Atributes of This Recipe:
Cooking tip for making Pinni
- Roast the dry fruits on low flame to prevent them from burning.
- Make sure that you don’t overmix after adding the sugar. You don’t want the sugar to melt.
Photo Disclaimer: – Images used in this article are owned by the respective individuals, artists, or other parties who post on their private social media accounts. These images only serve as an inspiration and cannot be copied (images or designs) for personal use.
Health Disclaimer: Agoralia is not responsible for any health problems that could be related to the information provided on the website. It is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice and should not be relied on as health or personal advice. The content is for informational purposes only, and should not be taken as professional medical advice reliance on or use of the information on the website is at their own risk. Always seek the guidance of your doctor or other qualified health professional with any questions you may have regarding your health or a medical condition. Never disregard the advice of a medical professional, or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this Website.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?