Things to know about Jaljeera Recipe
Imagine having a drink that sends your tastebuds on a roller coaster ride. The Indian Traditional Spicy Cold Drink from North India – Jaljeera is one such lip-smacking Indian beverage. It has a refreshing and savory aftertaste that lingers.
The word Jaljeera is a combination of two words. Jal means water, and Jeera means cumin. This flavorful beverage is lemonade with a blend of cumin powder and spices. The Jaljeera has its origin in the Northern Parts of India at the banks of the River Ganges. A long time back, the Jaljeera powder was ground on stone slabs and kept in clay vessels. Cumin helps with digestion, and mint has cooling properties. Hence, Jaljeera was a delicious on-the-go beverage during the hot summer season.
Ready-made Jaljeera powder is widely popular across India. It consists of cumin, black pepper, chili, black salt, ginger, and mint. The slightly tangy flavor of Jaljeera comes from dry mango powder. In India, you can find this as an appetizer. The purpose of serving lip-smacking Jaljeera is to startle your tastebuds before the main course.
Refreshing Indian Traditional Spicy Cold Drink from North India. Authentic Recipe of Jaljeera.
— General Atributes of This Recipe:
— ADAPT THE SERVINGS OR PORTIONS BY ENTERING YOUR DESIRED VALUE —
- 1 fistful Fresh Mint Leaf
- 1 fistful Fresh Coriander
- 4 units Ice Cubes
- ½ thumb Fresh Ginger Root Grated
- ½ tsp Dry Mango Powder
- 2 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 2 cups Water
- ½ unit Lemon
- ½ tsp Black Peppercorn Crushed
- Black Salt – Kala Namak to taste
- To prepare the Jaljeera powder, take the cumin seeds and dry roast them in a pan till their color turns black. Grind the cumin seeds into a fine powder once they cool.
- Now in a blender, add mint leaves and coriander. Grind them to make a smooth paste.
- In a pitcher, add ice cubes and grated ginger. Also, add the mint and coriander puree.
- Next, add the cumin powder, followed by dry mango powder and black salt.
- Pour in water and add some fresh lemon juice and black pepper powder. Mix the Jaljeera nicely.
- Check the seasoning and once it is perfect for you, pour it into glasses.
- Your Indian Traditional Spicy Cold Drink from North India – Jaljeera is ready. Add a few ice cubes and enjoy this cool and refreshing drink.
— Specific Atributes of This Recipe:
Agoralia is not responsible for any health problems that could be related to the information provided on the website. It is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice and should not be relied on as health or personal advice. The content is for informational purposes only, and should not be taken as professional medical advice reliance on or use of the information on the website is at their own risk. Always seek the guidance of your doctor or other qualified health professional with any questions you may have regarding your health or a medical condition. Never disregard the advice of a medical professional, or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this Website.