Things to know about Thandai Recipe
The Indian Traditional Spicy Cold Drink or Thandai is a refreshing drink made with condiments and nuts. The drink is popular in Uttar Pradesh and parts of Rajasthan. The word “thandai” originates from the Hindi word “Thanda” which means “cold”. This is because the spicy drink is served chilled. Thandai is often prepared on Holi and Maha Shivaratri, two Hindu festivals. On Holi, when colored solution powders are sprayed on one another, Bhang Thandai is prepared. Bhang Thandai is a variation of the drink that includes cannabis and causes an intoxicating effect when consumed. Other popular variants include Mango Thandai, Badaam Kesar Thandai, and Rose Thandai. Badaam Kesar Thandai has almonds and saffron while rose thandai is garnished with rose petals. Very easy to prepare, Thandai can also be made during weekends in summer.
Refreshing Indian Traditional Spicy Cold Drink from Uttar Pradesh. Authnentic Recipe of Thandai.
— General Atributes of This Recipe:
— ADAPT THE SERVINGS OR PORTIONS BY ENTERING YOUR DESIRED VALUE —
- 40 pcs Almond
- 20 pcs Black Peppercorn
- 4 tsp Fennel Seed
- 4 tsp Poppy Seed
- 2 tbsp Watermelon Seed
- 20 pcs Green Cardamom Pod Seeds
- 1000 ml (33.81 floz) Whole Milk / Full-Fat Milk / Full-Cream Milk
- ½ cup White Sugar – Regular Sugar – Granulated Sugar
- 3 tbsp Rose Water
- Blanch the almonds and peel off the skin.
- Transfer to a blender and add peppercorns, fennel seeds, poppy seeds, watermelon seeds, and cardamom pods.
- Make a smooth paste.
- In a heavy bottom pan, add milk and bring to a boil.
- Once the milk comes to a boil, add the paste.
- Add sugar and turn off the heat.
- After 30 minutes, add rose water.
- Strain the Thandai into a pitcher.
- Press the Masala left into the sieve with the back of the spoon while straining.
- Put in the refrigerator and let it chill before serving.
- Always serve the Thandai chilled.
- You can refrigerate the Thandai and serve it a few days later.
— Specific Atributes of This Recipe:
Photo Disclaimer: – Images used in this article are owned by the respective individuals, artists, or other parties who post on their private social media accounts. These images only serve as an inspiration and cannot be copied (images or designs) for personal use.
Health Disclaimer: Agoralia is not responsible for any health problems that could be related to the information provided on the website. It is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice and should not be relied on as health or personal advice. The content is for informational purposes only, and should not be taken as professional medical advice reliance on or use of the information on the website is at their own risk. Always seek the guidance of your doctor or other qualified health professional with any questions you may have regarding your health or a medical condition. Never disregard the advice of a medical professional, or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this Website.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?