Banta is a carbonated, refreshing drink made with lemons. Crushed ice and spices give the drink a characteristic taste.
Things to know about Banta Recipe
The Indian Traditional Spicy Soda or Banta is a spicy lemon drink. This carbonated drink is refreshing and is served in a neck bottle. The drink is also known as “Goli Soda” or “Goti Soda.”
“Goli” means a spherical object, and “Goti” means a spherical marble, which pertains to the lemon used to make the drink. “Shikanjvi” or “Jaljeera” is another variant of Banta.
The drink is most famous in the National Capital of Delhi. It’s also called “Delhi’s Local Drink” due to its popularity. South Indians call the drink Goti Soda. The drink is always served chilled.
Refreshing Indian Traditional Spicy Soda from Delhi. Authentic Recipe of Banta.
— General Atributes of This Recipe:
— ADAPT THE SERVINGS OR PORTIONS BY ENTERING YOUR DESIRED VALUE —
- 3 cups Club Soda – Sparkling Water – Seltzer Water – Fizzy Water – Carbonated Water Chilled
- 1 thumb Fresh Ginger Root
- 10 pcs Fresh Mint Leaf
- 1 tsp Dry Mint Leaf
- 3 tsp Cumin Seeds Roasted
- 1 tsp Ground Black Pepper
- ½ tbsp Black Salt – Kala Namak
- ¼ cup Palm Sugar – Palm Jaggery
- ½ cup Lemon Juice
- Make a fine powder of roasted cumin seeds in a grinder.
- In a blender jar, add a cup of chilled water and crushed ice.
- Add black pepper powder, cumin powder, sugar, salt, ginger, lemon juice, and dried and fresh mint leaves.
- Add black salt.
- Blend the ingredients.
- Add lemon juice and sugar or jaggery to the glasses.
- Add soda and top with ice.
— Specific Atributes of This Recipe:
Cooking tip for making Banta
- Do not add mint leaves to the blender jar if you wish to serve later.
- You can add Chaat Masala for a tangy flavor.
Photo Disclaimer: – Images used in this article are owned by the respective individuals, artists, or other parties who post on their private social media accounts. These images only serve as an inspiration and cannot be copied (images or designs) for personal use.
Health Disclaimer: Agoralia is not responsible for any health problems that could be related to the information provided on the website. It is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice and should not be relied on as health or personal advice. The content is for informational purposes only, and should not be taken as professional medical advice reliance on or use of the information on the website is at their own risk. Always seek the guidance of your doctor or other qualified health professional with any questions you may have regarding your health or a medical condition. Never disregard the advice of a medical professional, or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this Website.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?