Things to know about Palak Paneer Recipe
Palak Paneer is an Indian delicacy that comprises spinach and cottage cheese. Palak Paneer originated in the Indian subcontinent and is widely cooked in North India, especially Punjab. The dish has also been adopted by Pakistan. It is a thick curry made of spinach, onions, and cottage cheese (Paneer). The word “Palak” means Spinach in Hindi and “Paneer” means cottage cheese. The dish is a main course item served at parties and weddings and is surely a favorite of vegetarians. The spongy texture and thick spinach gravy make the dish even more tempting.
Mouthwatering Indian Traditional Spinach Cheese Curry from Punjab. Authentic Recipe of Palak Paneer.
— General Atributes of This Recipe:
— ADAPT THE SERVINGS OR PORTIONS BY ENTERING YOUR DESIRED VALUE —
- 350 grams (12.35 oz) Spinach
- 1 pc Tomato Medium
- 3 cloves Garlic Whole
- 2 cloves Garlic Chopped
- 1 inch Fresh Ginger Root
- 1 pc Green Chili
- 1 tbsp Oil
- 1 pc Onion Large, Finely chopped
- ½ cup Water
- 1 tsp Garam Masala
- ¼ tsp Turmeric Powder – Curcuma Powder
- ¼ tsp Red Chili Powder
- 3 tbsp Whipping Cream – Heavy Cream
- 225 grams (7.94 oz) Paneer Cheese
- ½ tbsp Dried Fenugreek Leaf – Kasuri Methi
- Take a pot of boiling water and add a little salt and spinach leaves.
- Blanch the leaves for about 3 minutes.
- Add the spinach leaves, tomato, whole garlic, ginger, and green chili to a blender.
- Make a smooth paste and set it aside.
- Take a pan and heat it on medium heat.
- Add oil and sauté the chopped garlic.
- Now, add the chopped onions and cook for a few minutes.
- Add the spinach paste and water.
- Cover the pan and let it cook for 10 minutes.
- After cooking the spinach, add Garam Masala, turmeric powder, red chili powder, and salt.
- Cook for a minute.
- Add the cream. Let the curry simmer for a few minutes.
- Remove the pan and serve.
Serve the spinach curry with steamed rice.
— Specific Atributes of This Recipe:
Photo Disclaimer: – Images used in this article are owned by the respective individuals, artists, or other parties who post on their private social media accounts. These images only serve as an inspiration and cannot be copied (images or designs) for personal use.
Health Disclaimer: Agoralia is not responsible for any health problems that could be related to the information provided on the website. It is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice and should not be relied on as health or personal advice. The content is for informational purposes only, and should not be taken as professional medical advice reliance on or use of the information on the website is at their own risk. Always seek the guidance of your doctor or other qualified health professional with any questions you may have regarding your health or a medical condition. Never disregard the advice of a medical professional, or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this Website.