Things to know about Chakli Recipe
The Indian Traditional Spiral Bread or Chakli is a fried snack made with a variety of flours, herbs, and spices. The dish is popular in Karnataka, Tamil Nadu, and Gujarat. Chakli has various regional names. It is called Chakkuli in Kannada, Dantkali in Tamil, and Chakri in Gujarati. The name refers to its spiral shape. Apart from India, Chakli is also consumed in Indonesia. The dish is known as Akar Kelapa in the region. Murukku is a similar dish that uses different types of flour. Chakli is often consumed at the festival of Diwali. It is served with tea.
Chakli – Indian Traditional Spiral Bread from Karnataka
— General Atributes of This Recipe:
— ADAPT THE SERVINGS OR PORTIONS BY ENTERING YOUR DESIRED VALUE —
- 1 cup Rice Flour
- 1/4 cup Chickpea Flour
- 1/4 cup All Purpose Flour – Plain Flour
- 1/2 tsp Red Chili Powder
- 1/2 tsp Carom Seed – Ajwain
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric Powder – Curcuma Powder
- 1/2 tsp Asafoetida
- 1 tbsp. White Sesame Seed
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 2 1/2 tbsp Oil
- 1 tbsp Plain Yogurt
- 1/2 cup Water lukewarm
- Take a mixing bowl and add all the flour.
- Add red chili powder, asafoetida, turmeric, carom seeds, white sesame seeds, and salt.
- Add a little oil and rub using your fingers.
- Add yogurt and mix everything well.
- Add little water to make a dough.
- Knead the dough well and set it aside for 20 minutes.
- Pipe the Chakli into concentric circles.
- Seal by pinching the ends of the dough.
- Take a pan and heat it on medium flame.
- Add the Chaklis and fry until they turn golden-brown.
- Turn off the stove. Let them cool and serve.
- Add red chili powder to make the Chakli spicy.
- Do not fry the Chaklis on low flame.
- Avoid frying on high heat as well.
Serve Chakli with tea.
— Specific Atributes of This Recipe:
Agoralia is not responsible for any health problems that could be related to the information provided on the website. It is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice and should not be relied on as health or personal advice. The content is for informational purposes only, and should not be taken as professional medical advice reliance on or use of the information on the website is at their own risk. Always seek the guidance of your doctor or other qualified health professional with any questions you may have regarding your health or a medical condition. Never disregard the advice of a medical professional, or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this Website.