Things to know about Momos Recipe
The Indian Traditional Steamed Dumplings or Momos are a type of snack immensely popular in East India, Ladakh, Nepal, Bhutan, and Tibet. The word “Momo” has its origin in Shanxi, where Jin Chinese is spoken. Unfilled buns are called Momo in the region. “Momo” means cooking by steaming. The term spread to India, Nepal, and Tibet. The exact origins of the snack are unknown but it is believed the dish has spread from Tibet.
The dumpling can also be stuffed with chicken or mutton, instead of veggies. The dish is served at special stalls dedicated to the dish but can also be made at home. It takes only about 20 minutes to cook this simple dish that is served with red hot sauces or Schezwan Sauce.
Delicious Indian Traditional Steamed Dumpling from Ladakh. Authentic Recipe of Momos.
— General Atributes of This Recipe:
— ADAPT THE SERVINGS OR PORTIONS BY ENTERING YOUR DESIRED VALUE —
- 1 cup All Purpose Flour – Plain Flour
- 1 tbsp Oil
- ¼ tsp Salt
- 3 tbsp Water
- ½ tsp Garlic Finely chopped
- 2 pcs Spring Onion – Scallion – Green Onion Finely chopped
- ½ cup Cabbage Chopped
- ½ cup Carrot Chopped
- ⅓ cup French Bean Chopped
- ¼ cup Capsicum Chopped
- 1 tsp Soy Sauce
- 1 tbsp Salt
- Mix the flour, salt, oil, and water in a bowl to make the dough.
- Chop the vegetables.
- In a heavy bottom pan on medium-low heat, add garlic and sauté.
- Add in the chopped vegetables and sauté for a few minutes.
- Add soy sauce and salt.
- Stir over medium flame for a few minutes and remove from the pan.
Shaping the Momos
- Divide the dough into 7-8 parts.
- Make a ball of each piece and roll it into a thin circle.
- Place 2-3 teaspoons of vegetable stuffing in each dough piece.
- Lift a side of the edges and begin pleating.
- Start folding and joining the pleats at the center.
Steaming the Momos
- Heat 2 cups of water in a steamer.
- Place the momos in the steamer and keep them for 5 minutes.
- Remove the momos and serve.
- Do not overdo the steaming as it becomes dense.
- The dough should not be too soft.
— Specific Atributes of This Recipe:
Photo Disclaimer: – Images used in this article are owned by the respective individuals, artists, or other parties who post on their private social media accounts. These images only serve as an inspiration and cannot be copied (images or designs) for personal use.
Health Disclaimer: Agoralia is not responsible for any health problems that could be related to the information provided on the website. It is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice and should not be relied on as health or personal advice. The content is for informational purposes only, and should not be taken as professional medical advice reliance on or use of the information on the website is at their own risk. Always seek the guidance of your doctor or other qualified health professional with any questions you may have regarding your health or a medical condition. Never disregard the advice of a medical professional, or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this Website.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?