Things to know about Muthia Recipe.
Muthia is a delicious and healthy snack with a taste that melts in the mouth. It has the goodness of bottle gourd and a seasoning of fresh herbs and spices.
The Indian Traditional Steamed Gram Flour Dumplings from Gujarat – Muthia is a steamed snack and typical street food. Its preparation involves making a dough of chickpea flour and adding some shredded bottle gourd to it. The cooking process involves placing the dough balls in a steamer till they become tender. A tempering of spices enhances the seasoning of steamed Muthia. This snack is not only fulfilling but also very healthy and savory. You can have Muthia as a side dish or enjoy it at breakfast too.
An important step while preparing Muthia is to take care of the proportion of ingredients to add. The combination bottle of gourd, semolina, and chickpea flour results in the texture of this delicacy. Hence it’s essential to stick to the recipe. Though this dish could be a little difficult to prepare, all the efforts are worth the taste.
Appetizing Indian Traditional Steamed Gram Flour Dumplings from Gujarat. Authentic Recipe of Muthia
— General Atributes of This Recipe:
— ADAPT THE SERVINGS OR PORTIONS BY ENTERING YOUR DESIRED VALUE —
For Making the Dumpling
- 1.5 cup Wheat Flour
- 1/4 cup Chickpea Flour or Gram Flour
- 1/4 cup Semolina
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric Powder – Curcuma Powder
- 3/4 tsp Red Chili Powder
- 1/2 tsp Ground Cumin Powder
- 1/4 tsp Ground Coriander Powder
- 1/2 tsp Garam Masala
- 1/4 tsp Carom Seed – Ajwain
- 1/2 tsp Fennel Seed
- 1 pinch Asafoetida
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 2 cup Calabash – Bottle Gourd – Long Melon – New Guinea bean – Tasmania Bean Shredded
- 1/2 tsp Ginger Paste
- 1 unit Chili Finely Chopped
- 2 tbsp Fresh Coriander Leaf Finely Chopped
- 1 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 1 tbsp Yogurt
- 2 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 1 tsp Mustard Seed
- 2 tsp Sesame
- 1 pinch Asafoetida
- 10 units Spring Curry Leaf
- 2 tbsp Fresh Coriander Leaf Chopped
- 2 tbsp Grated Coconut
Making the Dumplings
- Take a large mixing bowl, combine wheat flour, semolina, and chickpea flour to it.
- Add in turmeric powder, red chili powder, coriander powder, cumin powder, carom seeds, fennel seeds, and Garam Masala powder.
- Mix everything and add asafoetida, salt, ginger paste, bottle gourd, chili, and coriander. Also, add oil and yogurt. Knead everything to form a soft dough.
- Take a large portion of the dough and roll it into a shape of a cylinder. Similarly, prepare more such balls of the remaining dough.
- Place the cylindrical balls in a steamer and cook for 20 minutes.
- Once it steams nicely and cooks well, cool them down and cut them into slices.
Preparing the Tempering
- Meanwhile, place a pan on the stove and add oil to it. Add mustard seeds and as they splutter, add sesame seeds, and curry leaves.
- Now add the sliced Muthia in this tempering and roast it well on medium flame till it becomes golden brown from both sides.
- When the Muthia becomes crispy, add coconut and coriander and mix everything gently.
- Your Indian Traditional Steamed Gram Flour Dumplings from Gujarat – Muthia is ready. You can enjoy it with green mint condiments.
— Specific Atributes of This Recipe:
Photo Disclaimer: – Images used in this article are owned by the respective individuals, artists, or other parties who post on their private social media accounts. These images only serve as an inspiration and cannot be copied (images or designs) for personal use.
Health Disclaimer: Agoralia is not responsible for any health problems that could be related to the information provided on the website. It is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice and should not be relied on as health or personal advice. The content is for informational purposes only, and should not be taken as professional medical advice reliance on or use of the information on the website is at their own risk. Always seek the guidance of your doctor or other qualified health professional with any questions you may have regarding your health or a medical condition. Never disregard the advice of a medical professional, or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this Website.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?