Things to know about Lassi Recipe
Lassi is one of the best Indian drinks that you can enjoy during the summers.
The creamy, delicious, and thick smoothie of yogurt is a sweet drink that tastes no less than heavenly. It is a blend of fresh yogurt with water, sugar, and dry fruits. It originates from the state of Punjab and has a rich taste with a consistency like a milkshake.
The Indian Traditional Sweet Yogurt Drink from Punjab – Lassi is a significant part of North Indian cuisine. The traditional method of preparing Lassi involves using a hand churner to combine the ingredients. In Punjab, you will find that the Ladies prepare and serve Lassi to the family members with lots of love. They may also top the Lassi with a heap of fresh homemade butter. All the affection and love make the Lassi even more special. Lassi is sweet, but it also has a salty variant, known as Chaas or buttermilk.
Refreshing Indian Traditional Sweet Yogurt Drink from Punjab. Authentic Recipe of Lassi.
— General Atributes of This Recipe:
— ADAPT THE SERVINGS OR PORTIONS BY ENTERING YOUR DESIRED VALUE —
- 2 cups Yogurt Chilled, fresh
- 2 cups Water Chilled
- 10 tbsp White Sugar – Regular Sugar – Granulated Sugar
- 1 tbsp Ground Cardamom Powder
- 8 pcs Ice Cubes
- In a bowl, add the yogurt. Make sure that the yogurt is chilled before you use it.
- With the help of a hand churner or a whisk, stir the curd for a few minutes till it becomes smooth and creamy.
- Add the sugar and water to the curd. Churn the Lassi again so that the sugar blends.
- After a while, you will see a frothy layer on the surface. At this point, add one teaspoon of cardamom powder.
- Mix the Lassi well and add ice cubes. Mix again.
- Pour the Lassi into a glass. You can also top it with some homemade unsalted butter.
- Your Indian Traditional Sweet Yogurt Drink from Punjab – Lassi is ready. Serve it immediately and enjoy. It will surely make your day.
The unsalted variation of Lassi is known as Chaas.
— Specific Atributes of This Recipe:
Agoralia is not responsible for any health problems that could be related to the information provided on the website. It is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice and should not be relied on as health or personal advice. The content is for informational purposes only, and should not be taken as professional medical advice reliance on or use of the information on the website is at their own risk. Always seek the guidance of your doctor or other qualified health professional with any questions you may have regarding your health or a medical condition. Never disregard the advice of a medical professional, or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this Website.