Things to know about Basundi Recipe
The aroma of cardamom, the crunch of almonds and pistachios, and the golden color of saffron will surely entice someone to taste the rich Basundi as soon as you serve it.
The Indian Traditional Sweetened Condensed Milk from Maharashtra – Basundi is a milk-based dessert. It originates from the Western states of India. The preparation of this rich and delicious delicacy requires boiling milk on a low flame to reduce it by half. Meanwhile, the scraping of the layers of cream and stirring makes the milk thick, creamy and tasty. Another variation of Basundi is the Rabri, an authentic dessert from the North Indian state of Uttar Pradesh. Basundi is a very famous dessert across India. Either hot, warm, or chilled, you can serve it any way you like. The Indian Traditional Sweetened Condensed Milk from Maharashtra – Basundi will successfully cater to your sweet cravings.
Delicious Indian Traditional Sweetened Condensed Milk from Maharashtra. Authentic Recipe of Basundi.
— General Atributes of This Recipe:
— ADAPT THE SERVINGS OR PORTIONS BY ENTERING YOUR DESIRED VALUE —
- 2000 ml Whole Milk / Full-Fat Milk / Full-Cream Milk
- ½ cup White Sugar – Regular Sugar – Granulated Sugar
- 2 tbsp Cashew Chopped
- 2 tbsp Almond Chopped
- 2 tbsp Pistachio Chopped
- ¼ tsp Saffron
- ¼ tsp Ground Cardamom Powder
- Take a heavy-bottomed pan and add the milk to it. Keep the flame low and stir occasionally.
- Once the milk starts to boil, add chopped cashew nuts, pistachios, and almonds to it. Keep stirring so that it doesn't cling to the base.
- Boil the milk on low flame for 30 minutes while stirring. The milk will reduce and thicken.
- Next, add sugar and the saffron strands and mix nicely. Boil for five minutes more. Then add cardamom powder.
- The Indian Traditional Sweetened Condensed Milk from Maharashtra – Basundi is ready. Garnish with chopped almonds and serve.
- To reduce the cooking time, instead of sugar, you can add 1/2 cup of condensed milk.
- Basundi tastes more delicious when served chilled.
— Specific Atributes of This Recipe:
Photo Disclaimer: – Images used in this article are owned by the respective individuals, artists, or other parties who post on their private social media accounts. These images only serve as an inspiration and cannot be copied (images or designs) for personal use.
Health Disclaimer: Agoralia is not responsible for any health problems that could be related to the information provided on the website. It is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice and should not be relied on as health or personal advice. The content is for informational purposes only, and should not be taken as professional medical advice reliance on or use of the information on the website is at their own risk. Always seek the guidance of your doctor or other qualified health professional with any questions you may have regarding your health or a medical condition. Never disregard the advice of a medical professional, or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this Website.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?