The delicious Sabudana Vada is a traditional Indian dish from Gujarat. You can prepare it at home during Navratri and enjoy it as a snack.
Things to know about Sabudana Vada Recipe
Indians observe several fasting days throughout the year. Such religious fasting days are unusual and involve only certain types of food items. One such mouthwatering delicacy is the Sabudana Vada. It is one of the most loved dishes in India, and you can widely find it across the eateries in the country.
The Indian Traditional Tapioca Pearls Cutlet from Gujarat – Sabudana Vada is rich in carbohydrates and starch. On the day of religious fasting, one requires energy. And there are only limited options for food. Hence Sabudana Vada comes to the rescue, as it is full of starch and carbohydrates. It keeps you full for a more prolonged period.
The food consumed during fasting shouldn’t contain wheat, pulses, lentils, onion, garlic, etc. Therefore, Sabudana Vada is prepared with minimal ingredients. Its preparation involves soaking the tapioca pearls till they become soft and adding boiled potato, peanuts, fresh herbs, and some spices to prepare a mixture.
Frying the cutlets of the dough after shaping them into small balls follows the process. The crispy and delicious Sabudana Vada tastes fabulous with green coriander condiments. While not fasting, you can also enjoy this dish for breakfast or as an evening snack.
Authentic Recipe of Sabudana Vada. Delicious Indian Traditional Tapioca Pearls Cutlet from Gujarat.
— General Atributes of This Recipe:
— ADAPT THE SERVINGS OR PORTIONS BY ENTERING YOUR DESIRED VALUE —
- 1 cup Tapioca Pearl
- 2 units Potato Boiled & Mashed
- 1/2 cup Peanut Roasted & Crushed
- 1/2 tsp Ginger Paste
- 1 unit Chili Finely Chopped
- 2 tbsp Fresh Coriander Finely Chopped
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Lemon Juice
- Vegetable Oil For Deep Frying
- In a vessel, take the tapioca pearls and enough water to soak them. Soak the pearls for 3 hours.
- Drain off the water from the tapioca pearls and let them rest for 30 minutes more.
- Now take a large mixing bowl and add the soaked pearls to it. Also, add the potatoes and peanuts and mix everything well.
- Next, add the ginger paste, cumin seeds, chili, and chopped coriander. Add salt and combine everything with your hands to form a dough-like mixture.
- Take a small portion of dough and shape it into a ball. Press firmly and put it in hot oil.
- Deep fry the cutlets till they become crispy.
- Your Indian Traditional Tapioca Pearls Cutlet from Gujarat – Sabudana Vada is ready. Serve hot with green coriander or tea.
— Specific Atributes of This Recipe:
What to serve with Sabudana Vada?
Serve the Sabudana Vada with green coriander condiment. They also taste delicious as a snack with tea.
Photo Disclaimer: – Images used in this article are owned by the respective individuals, artists, or other parties who post on their private social media accounts. These images only serve as an inspiration and cannot be copied (images or designs) for personal use.
Health Disclaimer: Agoralia is not responsible for any health problems that could be related to the information provided on the website. It is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice and should not be relied on as health or personal advice. The content is for informational purposes only, and should not be taken as professional medical advice reliance on or use of the information on the website is at their own risk. Always seek the guidance of your doctor or other qualified health professional with any questions you may have regarding your health or a medical condition. Never disregard the advice of a medical professional, or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this Website.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?