Things to know about Panjiri Recipe
Panjiri is an Indian sweet dish that is also a superfood. Originating from Punjab, the Indian Traditional Wheat Flour Dessert from Punjab – Panjiri is a Prasad food or the holy offering during festive events.
The preparation of Panjiri involves wheat flour, clarified butter, and sugar. Herbal gums and dry fruits increase the nutritional value of the dish. Panjiri contains readily available ingredients. It is not only easy to prepare but also tastes delicious.
Due to the nutritional properties of Panjiri, it is given to women after they give birth. It promotes lactation in new mothers and helps them in healing. The richness of clarified butter and dry fruits make Panjiri a superfood that everyone loves in India. Once you prepare Panjiri, you can easily store it in a container, and it stays well for weeks. Hence, it is one of the preferred food items that university students living in hostels carry along.
Yummy Indian Traditional Wheat Flour Dessert from Punjab. Authentic Recipe of Panjiri.
— General Atributes of This Recipe:
— ADAPT THE SERVINGS OR PORTIONS BY ENTERING YOUR DESIRED VALUE —
- 1 cup Wheat Flour
- ½ cup Icing Sugar – Powdered Sugar – Confectioners Sugar
- 15 units Cashew
- 15 units Raisin
- 4 tbsp Clarified Butter
- In a heavy bottom pan, add the wheat flour. Over low heat, roast the flour till its color changes, and you can smell a nutty aroma. It will take around 10 minutes.
- Now add the clarified butter to the pan and mix again.
- Add cashew nuts and keep on roasting while stirring. Turn off the flame after 5 minutes.
- Next, add powdered sugar to the mixture. Mix it well and add the raisins. Combine everything nicely.
- The Indian Traditional Wheat Flour Dessert from Punjab – Panjiri is ready. Once it cools down, you can store it in an airtight container. It stays well for up to a month at room temperature and even more in a refrigerator.
— Specific Atributes of This Recipe:
Photo Disclaimer: – Images used in this article are owned by the respective individuals, artists, or other parties who post on their private social media accounts. These images only serve as an inspiration and cannot be copied (images or designs) for personal use.
Health Disclaimer: Agoralia is not responsible for any health problems that could be related to the information provided on the website. It is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice and should not be relied on as health or personal advice. The content is for informational purposes only, and should not be taken as professional medical advice reliance on or use of the information on the website is at their own risk. Always seek the guidance of your doctor or other qualified health professional with any questions you may have regarding your health or a medical condition. Never disregard the advice of a medical professional, or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this Website.