Things to know About Sukhdi Recipe
Sukhdi is a traditional Indian Sweet that originates from Gujarat. As soon as you have a bite, it melts in your mouth. It is a sweet dish prepared with jaggery and flour and has a crumbly and soft texture.
You can find Sukhadi in Gujarati homes, where people love to have it as a snack. It is also prepared on festive occasions and auspicious days.
The Indian Traditional Wheat Flour And Jaggery Dessert from Gujarat – Sukhdi is also known as Gorpapdi in Rajasthan. It has a diamond shape and a golden brown color. The best part about this dish? It requires only 4-5 ingredients to make Sukhdi. Its preparation involves combining whole wheat flour, jaggery, and clarified butter. The flour is roasted in melted clarified butter till it becomes golden brown. Sukhdi is generally prepared during the winters as it provides warmth. You can also store this dish in an airtight container, and have it whenever you crave something sweet.
Delicious Indian Traditional Wheat Flour And Jaggery Dessert from Gujarat. Authentic Recipe of Sukhdi
— General Atributes of This Recipe:
— ADAPT THE SERVINGS OR PORTIONS BY ENTERING YOUR DESIRED VALUE —
- 2 cups Whole Wheat Flour
- 1 cup Clarified Butter
- 1 cup Jaggery Powder – Panela – Gur Grated
- 2 tbsp Milk Optional
- 1/2 tsp Ground Cinnamon Powder
- Take a tray and grease it with a few drops of clarified butter. Keep it aside.
- Heat clarified butter in a pan and add flour to it. Roast the flour on low flame for around 15 minutes. As soon as it becomes golden and you can smell a sweet aroma, add cardamom powder, milk, and jaggery. Switch off the flame immediately.
- Start combining the mixture and quickly do it so that the jaggery melts. Pour the mixture into the greased tray, and don't take much time. Otherwise, the Sukadi will become hard.
- Spread the mixture on the tray and flatten out the surface.
- After 5 minutes, the mixture will cool down a bit. While it is still warm, cut it into diamond-shaped pieces with a knife.
- Garnish with fruits of your choice. Let it cool completely.
- Your Indian Traditional Wheat Flour And Jaggery Dessert from Gujarat – Sukhdi is ready. Store it in an airtight container and enjoy the pleasant taste.
Mix the mixture very quickly as soon as jaggery is added. Melt the jaggery and combine everything well within one minute of adding.
— Specific Atributes of This Recipe:
Agoralia is not responsible for any health problems that could be related to the information provided on the website. It is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice and should not be relied on as health or personal advice. The content is for informational purposes only, and should not be taken as professional medical advice reliance on or use of the information on the website is at their own risk. Always seek the guidance of your doctor or other qualified health professional with any questions you may have regarding your health or a medical condition. Never disregard the advice of a medical professional, or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this Website.