Things to know about Murgh Musallam Recipe
The Indian Traditional Whole Chicken or Murgh Musallam is a delicious recipe of chicken that is marinated in a smooth paste of ginger, garlic, and sometimes cashews.
“Murgh” means “chicken” and “Musallam” means “whole”. The dish originated under the Mughals of Awadh, present-day Uttar Pradesh. Muhammad Bin Tughluq, an emperor of the Delhi Sultanate called Murgh Musallam his favorite dish. This was reported by Ibn Battuta.
Apart from India, Murgh Musallam is consumed in Bangladesh and Pakistan.
The gorgeous Mughlai dish is seasoned with flavorful spices.
It can be served on special occasions or for weekend family meals. Often, Murgh Musallam is garnished with almonds and silver leaves. Murgh Musallam is always served hot.
Murgh Musallam – Indian Traditional Whole Chicken from Uttar Pradesh
— General Atributes of This Recipe:
— ADAPT THE SERVINGS OR PORTIONS BY ENTERING YOUR DESIRED VALUE —
- 2 units Chicken Drumstick
- 1/2 thumb Fresh Ginger Root chopped
- 4 cloves Garlic chopped
- 2 units Onion sliced
- 4 tbsp Cashew
- 1 tsp Red Chili Powder
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder – Curcuma Powder
- 1 tsp Ground Black Pepper
- 1 cup Curd
- 2 tsp Oil
- 1 tbsp Coriander Seed
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 1 unit Cardamom
- 2 units Clove
- 1 unit Black Cardamom
- 1 unit Cardamom
- 1 unit Mace
- 1/4 tsp Ground Nutmeg Powder
- Add all the spices to a pan and roast them well for 5 minutes.
- Turn off the stove and let it cool.
- Add the spices, ginger, garlic, and cashews to a grinder to make a smooth paste.
- Take a pan on medium flame.
- Add onions and sauté.
- Put the onion in a mixer and make a smooth paste.
- Take a mixing bowl and add the two pastes along with the chicken. Also, add curd.
- Mix everything well.
- Let it marinate for some time.
- Take a pan and add oil on medium heat.
- Add chicken and let it cook until it becomes tender.
- Remove and serve.
— Specific Atributes of This Recipe:
Photo Disclaimer: – Images used in this article are owned by the respective individuals, artists, or other parties who post on their private social media accounts. These images only serve as an inspiration and cannot be copied (images or designs) for personal use.
Health Disclaimer: Agoralia is not responsible for any health problems that could be related to the information provided on the website. It is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice and should not be relied on as health or personal advice. The content is for informational purposes only, and should not be taken as professional medical advice reliance on or use of the information on the website is at their own risk. Always seek the guidance of your doctor or other qualified health professional with any questions you may have regarding your health or a medical condition. Never disregard the advice of a medical professional, or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this Website.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?