Tahri is a yellow-colored rice cooked with seasonal veggies and a blend of spices. The dish is popular in Kashmir.
Things to know about Tahri Recipe
The Indian Traditional Yellow Rice or Tahri is a rice dish cooked with seasonal veggies and spices. It is a kind of vegetarian Biryani. Biryani is another popular rice dish made with layering marinated chicken or eggs, if vegetarian.
Tahri became popular during the second world war when meat prices increased. It was invented by Hindu bookkeepers of Muslim Nawab rulers.
Tahri is popularly made in Kashmir and distributed among people in mosques. Apart from Kashmir, the dish is also famous in Hyderabad, Gulbarga, and Nanded.
Savory Indian Traditional Yellow Rice from Kashmir. Authentic Recipe of Tahri.
— General Atributes of This Recipe:
— ADAPT THE SERVINGS OR PORTIONS BY ENTERING YOUR DESIRED VALUE —
- 1 cup Basmati Rice
- 2 tbsp Oil
- 1 pc Onion
- 2 pcs Potato
- 1 pc Tomato
- ½ cup Cauliflower
- 5 pcs Green Bean
- 1 pc Carrot
- ¼ cup Garden Peas – Sweet Peas – English Peas – Green Peas
- ½ tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Ginger Garlic Paste
- 1 pc Green Chili
- 2 tbsp Fresh Coriander Leaf
- 1½ cup Water
- 1 pc Bay Leaf
- ½ tsp Ground Cumin Powder
- 1 pc Black Cardamom
- 4 pcs Green Cardamom Pod Seeds
- ¼ tsp Turmeric Powder – Curcuma Powder
- ¼ tsp Red Chili Powder
- 1 tsp Ground Coriander Powder
- ½ tsp Ground Cumin Powder
- ½ tsp Garam Masala
- Heat oil in a cooker.
- Add cumin, bay leaf, cardamoms, cloves, onions, chili and sauté.
- Add ginger-garlic paste and fry for a minute.
- Add coriander powder, garam masala, cumin, turmeric powder, and salt.
- Add the vegetables and rice.
- Pour water and bring it to a boil.
- Open the lid when the pressure goes off and add coriander leaves.
- Cover for 5 minutes and serve.
— Specific Atributes of This Recipe:
What to serve with Tahri?
Serve the tahri with raita. Raita is a condiment made with curd and Indian spices.
Photo Disclaimer: – Images used in this article are owned by the respective individuals, artists, or other parties who post on their private social media accounts. These images only serve as an inspiration and cannot be copied (images or designs) for personal use.
Health Disclaimer: Agoralia is not responsible for any health problems that could be related to the information provided on the website. It is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice and should not be relied on as health or personal advice. The content is for informational purposes only, and should not be taken as professional medical advice reliance on or use of the information on the website is at their own risk. Always seek the guidance of your doctor or other qualified health professional with any questions you may have regarding your health or a medical condition. Never disregard the advice of a medical professional, or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this Website.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?