Things to know about Shrikhand Recipe
The smooth and silky Shrikhand is a very famous sweet dish that originates from the state of Maharashtra. It is one of the well-known desserts that you may find at wedding functions.
The Indian Traditional Yogurt Dessert from Maharashtra is a recipe made with minimal ingredients but tastes delicious. Its preparation involves hanging the curd in a cloth to drain away all the moisture. The hung curd is then mixed with sugar and stirred nicely for a smooth and silky texture. Shrikhand is a treat for you if you have a sweet tooth. The creamy Shrikhand completes a Maharashtrian meal, and everyone loves it. Over time, flavored variations of Shrikhand have become popular. One of the most famous variations of Shrikhand is the Amrakhand or the Mango Shrikhand.
Yummy Indian Traditional Yogurt Dessert from Maharashtra. Authentic Recipe of Shrikhand.
— General Atributes of This Recipe:
— ADAPT THE SERVINGS OR PORTIONS BY ENTERING YOUR DESIRED VALUE —
- 4½ cups Full-Fat Curd
- 8 tbsp White Sugar – Regular Sugar – Granulated Sugar
- ½ tsp Ground Cardamom Powder
- 2 pinch Saffron
- ½ tbsp Milk Warm
- 8 units Pistachio Chopped
- Take a strainer and place it in a bowl. On it, spread a muslin cloth or cotton napkin.
- Pour fresh curd into the cloth and bring its edges together. Tie the edges tightly with a rope or a string.
- Press the cloth and let the whey drip. Place a heavy tray or bowl on the tied cloth so that more water separates. Place the whole setup in a refrigerator. Let it sit like this for at least six hours or overnight.
- Open the tied cloth and collect the hung curd in a bowl.
- Combine the warm milk and saffron strands in a bowl. Set it aside.
- Take the hung curd and add powdered sugar to it. Stir it with a spoon
- Next, add the saffron milk and cardamom powder to it. Using an electric beater, start whipping the mixture.
- Mix it well till all the sugar dissolves and the mixture becomes silky. Then keep it in a refrigerator for chilling.
- Serve the Indian Traditional Yogurt Dessert from Maharashtra chilled. You can garnish it with chopped pistachios. Enjoy the rich taste of creamy Shrikhand.
A popular variation of Shrikhand is the Mango flavored Shrikhand. It is known as Amrakhand.
The combination of Shrikhand-Poori is a classic one. Puri is fried Indian unleavened flatbread.
— Specific Atributes of This Recipe:
Photo Disclaimer: – Images used in this article are owned by the respective individuals, artists, or other parties who post on their private social media accounts. These images only serve as an inspiration and cannot be copied (images or designs) for personal use.
Health Disclaimer: Agoralia is not responsible for any health problems that could be related to the information provided on the website. It is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice and should not be relied on as health or personal advice. The content is for informational purposes only, and should not be taken as professional medical advice reliance on or use of the information on the website is at their own risk. Always seek the guidance of your doctor or other qualified health professional with any questions you may have regarding your health or a medical condition. Never disregard the advice of a medical professional, or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this Website.