Things to know about Goshtaba Recipe
The Indian Traditional Yogurt Meatball or Goshtaba is a delicious curry of spicy meatballs cooked in curd or yogurt. An authentic Kashmiri delicacy, the dish is the choicest selection for celebrations. Goshtaba is also an important dish of Kashmiri Wazwan. Wazwan is a multi-course meal that is an important part of Kashmiri cuisine. Wazwan includes almost 36 dishes. Goshtaba is served always at the end of Wazwan, served by Waaza, a traditional Kashmiri cook. Apart from weddings, the cuisine also makes an appearance at funerals.
Mouthwatering Indian Traditional Yogurt Meatball from Kashmir. Authentic Recipe of Goshtaba.
— General Atributes of This Recipe:
— ADAPT THE SERVINGS OR PORTIONS BY ENTERING YOUR DESIRED VALUE —
- 1000 grams (2.2 lb) Meat Fillet
- 1 cup Meat Fat
- 1 cup Mustard Oil
- 2 cups Milk
- 1 cup Curd
- 6 cups Water
- 5 pcs Green Cardamom Pod Seeds
- 2 pcs Bay Leaf
- 2 pcs Clove
- 3 pcs Black Cardamom Brown Cardamom
- 1 pc Cinnamon Stick Large
- 1 tsp Ground Ginger Powder
- 3 tsp Fennel Seed Powder
- 2 tsp Dried Mint
- 1 tsp Asafoetida
- 1 tbsp Salt
- Wash the meat before mincing.
- Completely remove the white membrane.
- Pound the meat on a stone with a wooden mallet.
- Add meat fat and pound it well.
- Add brown cardamom powder, ginger powder, and salt.
- Keep pounding the meat.
- Make balls of 3 diameters from the meat.
- Heat oil in a vessel.
- Add asafoetida and salt.
- Add curd in a jug and beat it. Add the curd to the oil and keep stirring.
- Add water, spices, and milk.
- Let it come to a boil and add the meatballs.
- Cook for an hour and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle mint on the top and remove from heat.
Take the meat from the leg of the lamb as it is soft.
Serve the Goshtaba with steamed rice.
— Specific Atributes of This Recipe:
Agoralia is not responsible for any health problems that could be related to the information provided on the website. It is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice and should not be relied on as health or personal advice. The content is for informational purposes only, and should not be taken as professional medical advice reliance on or use of the information on the website is at their own risk. Always seek the guidance of your doctor or other qualified health professional with any questions you may have regarding your health or a medical condition. Never disregard the advice of a medical professional, or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this Website.