Ever craved Ragda Patties and wanted to make it at home? You can easily make the delicious Indian traditional Gujarati Ragda in a pressure cooker.
Things to know about Ragda Recipe.
Ragda is a gravy preparation made with white peas. It is widely popular across India and is an essential part of the savory Indian street food items.
It enhances the taste of Indian snacks such as Pani Puri and Chaat. You can also use it to prepare delicious snacks like Ragda Puri and Ragda Patties.
Its preparation involves soaking white peas and cooking them so that it becomes soft. The addition of herbs and spices gives the delicious dish its flavor.
It is easy to prepare, and you can use it in multiple recipes. Whether filling in Pani Puri or a topping over a potato cutlet, it gives a lip-smacking taste to everything you pair.
You can adjust the spice level per the dish you’re making. Once you prepare it, you can store it in the refrigerator for up to three days.
Authentic Recipe of Ragda. Delicious Indian White Peas Curry from Gujarat Traditional.
— General Atributes of This Recipe:
— ADAPT THE SERVINGS OR PORTIONS BY ENTERING YOUR DESIRED VALUE —
- 1 cup White Pea – Navy Pea
- 1/4 tsp Red Chili Powder
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder – Curcuma Powder
- 1 pinch Asafoetida
- 1 tsp Vegetable Oil
- 4 cups Water Optional
- Take the white peas in a bowl and rinse them well. Add water and soak the peas overnight or for at least 8 hours.
- Once soaked, drain the water and rinse the peas again in freshwater.
- Next, add the white peas to a pressure cooker with turmeric powder, salt, asafoetida, and vegetable oil.
- Pour in water and mix well. Cook the peas on a medium flame for 10 minutes.
- After cooking, open the cooker and check if the peas are soft. If not, then pressure cook again for 8-10 minutes.
- Once the peas become mushy, take them out and add the spices accordingly. Add red chili powder to it as per your taste.
- Your Ragda is ready. Use it as a filling in Pani Puri. You can also use it as a topping in Ragda Chaat.
— Specific Atributes of This Recipe:
What to serve with Ragda?
Serve Ragda with Potato Cutlet or with Pani Puri.
Photo Disclaimer: – Images used in this article are owned by the respective individuals, artists, or other parties who post on their private social media accounts. These images only serve as an inspiration and cannot be copied (images or designs) for personal use.
Health Disclaimer: Agoralia is not responsible for any health problems that could be related to the information provided on the website. It is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice and should not be relied on as health or personal advice. The content is for informational purposes only, and should not be taken as professional medical advice reliance on or use of the information on the website is at their own risk. Always seek the guidance of your doctor or other qualified health professional with any questions you may have regarding your health or a medical condition. Never disregard the advice of a medical professional, or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this Website.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?