Things to know about Sambal Matah Bali Recipe
Sambal Matah is a traditional spicy sauce found throughout the Bali region of Indonesia. It is well known in all of Indonesia and is regarded to be one of the top “sambal” in the country. Contrary to the other types of “sambal” found in Indonesia, sambal matah is one of the few sambals that is not ground into a mushy paste, instead, it is a combination of various thinly sliced spices. Sambal Matah is a simple and easy dish to make, that is guaranteed to bring your dishes to the next level. It is the perfect combination of spicy and citrusy which brings a refreshing taste to it. Sambal Matah translates into Raw Sambal since none of its ingredients is cooked or fried, instead, all are served fresh and raw which brings out the flavor of the spices used in this dish.
Fresh and Exotic Indonesian Traditional Balinese Chili Sauce. Authentic Recipe of Sambal Matah Bali.
— General Atributes of This Recipe:
— ADAPT THE SERVINGS OR PORTIONS BY ENTERING YOUR DESIRED VALUE —
- 15 pcs Fresh Cayenne Chili Pepper
- 8 cloves Shallot Onion
- 2 sticks Lemongrass – Cymbopogon – Barbed Wire Grass – Cochin Grass – Malabar Grass White part
- 1 tbsp Lime Juice
- 4 pcs Kaffir Lime Leaf
- ½ tsp Roasted Shrimp Paste Indonesian
- 3 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- Salt To taste
- White Sugar – Regular Sugar – Granulated Sugar To taste
Preparing the Sambal
- Wash all the ingredients.
- Thinly slice the shallots, cayenne pepper, lemongrass, and lime leaves. Place them in a bowl.
- Add the roasted shrimp paste and lime juice. Season with salt and sugar to taste and mix well until no lumps are visible.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a pan, and pour the hot oil into the mixture of peppers and spices.
- The Sambal Matah is ready to be served.
To add more flavor, instead of pure vegetable oil, you can use bacon fat or any other animal fat.
Sambal Matah is often served as a side dish/condiment to accompany almost everything, but it shines the best when paired with seafood (i.e. fried fish).
— Specific Atributes of This Recipe:
Agoralia is not responsible for any health problems that could be related to the information provided on the website. It is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice and should not be relied on as health or personal advice. The content is for informational purposes only, and should not be taken as professional medical advice reliance on or use of the information on the website is at their own risk. Always seek the guidance of your doctor or other qualified health professional with any questions you may have regarding your health or a medical condition. Never disregard the advice of a medical professional, or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this Website.