Things to know about Loempia Semarang Recipe
This Indonesian version of spring roll is known locally as lumpia/loempia. The most widely known variant of this dish is the Loempia Semarang or Semarang Spring Roll. This type of spring roll is unique due to the usage of bamboo shoots as its filling as opposed to just meat and vegetables in the common spring roll. This gives the loempia semarang a unique taste, smell, and texture that differentiate it from the other spring roll.
This dish is a result of hundreds of years of cultural assimilation between the Chinese and native Indonesian locals. This is a dish that you would not want to miss out on!
Delicious Indonesian Traditional Fried Bamboo Shoot Spring Roll from Semarang. Authentic Recipe of Loempia Semarang.
— General Atributes of This Recipe:
— ADAPT THE SERVINGS OR PORTIONS BY ENTERING YOUR DESIRED VALUE —
- 10 pcs Spring Roll Skin Pastry
- 200 grams (7.05 oz) Young Bamboo Shoot
- 100 grams (3.53 oz) Chicken Breast Boneless
- 50 grams (1.76 oz) Shrimp
- 2 pcs Egg
- 1/2 pc Onion
- 1 stick Scallion
- 1/2 tbsp Oyster Sauce
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 tbsp Indonesian Sweet Soy Sauce – Kecap Manis
- 1 tbsp White Sugar – Regular Sugar – Granulated Sugar
- 1 tsp Chicken Bouillon Powder
- 2 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 1/2 tbsp All Purpose Flour – Plain Flour
- 2 tbsp Water
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 1/2 tsp Ground White Pepper Powder
- 1/8 tsp Salt
- 1 clove Garlic
- 1 tsp White Sugar – Regular Sugar – Granulated Sugar
- 2 tbsp Palm Sugar – Palm Jaggery
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 150 mL (5.07 floz) Water
- 1 tbsp Cornstarch
- 3 tbsp Water For the cornstarch mixture
- Finely chop 1 clove of garlic, add it to a small saucepan and fry until fragrant.
- Add water to the saucepan, along with the salt, sugar, and palm sugar.
- Mix well and bring to a boil.
- In a small bowl, mix cornstarch and water.
- Add the cornstarch mixture into the pot to help thicken the sauce, stir and store for later.
- Clean and boil the bamboo shoots for at least 10 minutes. After boiling, wash it thoroughly and slice it into small matchsticks.
- Dice the chicken breast and the shrimp.
- Beat the eggs.
- Into a non-stick pan, cook the egg (scrambled), set aside.
- Into a food processor, add all the ingredients of the blended spices and mix well.
- Dice the onion and thinly slice the scallion.
- Into a large wok, add oil and bring it to heat.
- Fry the onion until fragrant and wilted, then add the blended spices.
- Add the diced chicken and shrimp, and cook until the meat starts to change color.
- Add the bamboo shoots, along with the oyster sauce, Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce, sugar, and chicken bouillon powder. Mix well.
- Add the scrambled eggs and cook until the bamboo shoots are half dry.
- Add the finely sliced scallion right before the cooking process is done, remove from heat, and set aside.
- Prepare a spring roll skin pastry. Combine the all-purpose flour and water, it'll be used to seal the loempia.
- Add roughly 1 – 1 ½ tablespoon of bamboo shoots filling and lay it in the middle of the skin.
- Fold the sides and roll, similar to how you would roll a burrito. Seal with the flour mixture. Repeat until no more filling is left.
- Into a large wok, heat up enough oil for deep frying and bring to heat.
- Fry the loempia until golden brown, strain, and the dish is ready to be served.
— Specific Atributes of This Recipe:
Photo Disclaimer: – Images used in this article are owned by the respective individuals, artists, or other parties who post on their private social media accounts. These images only serve as an inspiration and cannot be copied (images or designs) for personal use.
Health Disclaimer: Agoralia is not responsible for any health problems that could be related to the information provided on the website. It is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice and should not be relied on as health or personal advice. The content is for informational purposes only, and should not be taken as professional medical advice reliance on or use of the information on the website is at their own risk. Always seek the guidance of your doctor or other qualified health professional with any questions you may have regarding your health or a medical condition. Never disregard the advice of a medical professional, or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this Website.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?